Author Topic: Nikon Manual Viewer 2  (Read 3834 times)

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
Nikon Manual Viewer 2
« on: September 09, 2017, 03:06:22 »
A heads up...

Nikon Manual Viewer 2 is available for iPhone and Android at the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. I recently downloaded the Android version and my first impression is it's easier to use than Adobe Reader for Android. One can download manuals inside the viewer and select them from a thumbnail grid.

I did a search on my phone and didn't find a similar thread so I thought I'd give a heads up.

I hope some find this viewer useful.

Dave Hartman

The Nikon D850 manual and guides are available for download.
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon Manual Viewer 2
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 06:04:51 »
Thanks for posting this. Sounds like a useful app, especially for those that have multiple Nikon models to deal with.
If one only owns one Nikon model as I do, it is easy to obtain the PDFs for the Nikon manuals and load them onto a smartphone.  I have the Thom Hogan D800/E Guide on the phone as well. 
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Eddie Draaisma

• NG Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:42:25 »
I download these manuals once and transfer them to iBooks (iOS, MacOS); the iBooks iCloud feature then makes them automatically available (in iBooks) on all devices and computers.

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 11:53:59 »
I use both iBooks and the Nikon Manual browser, as on the latter not everything is available.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 12:04:40 »
Thank you. Installed and downloaded books for my cans and flash. Very good.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Les Olson

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 14:57:30 »
Thank you for that.  I think the navigation is significantly better with the Manual Viewer than with a pdf on iBooks - but you still need very good eyes to read it on a phone. 

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 21:06:42 »
Thank you for that.  I think the navigation is significantly better with the Manual Viewer than with a pdf on iBooks - but you still need very good eyes to read it on a phone. 

Us older folks need bigger screens to read good, Do not go below 5.5 inches diagonal. I do not understand why people choose 4 inch screens at all
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Oskar O

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 22:54:30 »
I don't use it much. It doesn't support the high resolution modes on iPhone + models. I installed it last year and now when I open it, it shows me blank pages of my downloaded manuals and crashes now and then. Apparently updates are best done by uninstalling and reinstalling. Oh well, I don't have much need for the app, but a very disappointing implementation of a fine idea.

Bill Mellen

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 01:36:48 »
I like the iBooks view of the PDF file on my iPad Pro better than the manual viewwr rendition
Everything gets better as we grow younger and thinner

Les Olson

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 08:59:34 »
Us older folks need bigger screens to read good, Do not go below 5.5 inches diagonal. I do not understand why people choose 4 inch screens at all

I think it comes from memories of the days when if you had a big phone it was because you could not afford a new, smaller one.

Maggiee

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • http://nuderetouching.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 09:26:58 »