Author Topic: Any signs of a Df-like camera?  (Read 9101 times)

FGAng

• NG Member
  • Mixing the old and the new Nikkors
Re: Any signs of a Df-like camera?
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 13:58:51 »
Reading Thom Hogan's report I too think that there will not be a follow up for Df.

When it came I was, as most were, alarmed at the price, although the D4 sensor gave it a little credence.  So most thought of the Df as either an expensive D600 with retro look with a D4 sensor, or getting the D4 cheap and in a manageable package, less all the frills that I don't use.

Nostalgia got the better of me, so I bought one new, as a maybe I will like it camera and within a short time became the camera, putting the D800 into the dry cabinet almost for good - I have to continue to use the D800 for UW shooting as there is no underwater housing for the Df, and it is very expensive to replace the UW housing.

Since a year ago I bought a third party split-image screen and had almost never used AF lenses on my Df.  I also acquired a D500 recently for birding, which I am using almost exclusively on a 300/4D AFS + TC-14EII.   

If my Df dies it would be time to hunt for another in the used or NOS market.  I am not holding my breath waiting for Df2.   The rumored mirrorless, I will wait and see.

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 15:14:40 »
For me a plastic/rubber surface on a camera is much better than metal as a metal camera is very uncomfortable in very cold conditions (say -25C). I also find metal surfaces less comfortable to squeeze and quite slippery.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 15:19:15 »
 :o :o :o

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 15:21:41 »
here is my Df with the bazooka  :o :o :o

the Df is like durian or that stinky swedish canned fish shoestroming whatever that's called. you will hate t first but you will like it later ::)

i digress, i just cannot stand that swedish fermented fish

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 16:01:06 »
Then why don't you try kæstur hákarl ? (Icelandic variant)
Airy Magnien