Author Topic: Stopping time...  (Read 4201 times)

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
Re: Stopping time...
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 21:07:29 »
I find that the eyes of "ol' lab people" find it easier to adjust the sliders to a pleasing photo, especially B&W.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 12:42:14 »
I find that the eyes of "ol' lab people" find it easier to adjust the sliders to a pleasing photo, especially B&W.

I agree, but still miss those different paper qualities (Baryum and al) that  can't translate in screen pixels !!!
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 18:31:27 »

I agree, but still miss those different paper qualities (Baryum and al) that  can't translate in screen pixels !!!

And a monitor isn't as fragrant as a darkroom ...  ;)
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 19:51:06 »
And a monitor isn't as fragrant as a darkroom ...  ;)

That might be a bonus on the monitor side ;D
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.