Author Topic: Is it only me?  (Read 3867 times)

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
  • You and me, -Are the real legacy of Nikon
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
Is it only me?
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:00:50 »
Or does anyone else think that the D2 "logo" on this device is very much alike Nikon's letters??? 🙃❓❓❓📸📷
"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

-Proud Nikon FE2 owner since a age of 9!-

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Is it only me?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:08:22 »
Yes, similarity is apparent. The 'f' is missing through .... All hopes of a Df2 for the 100th Anniversary are thwarted.

Good to see you posting again, by the way. Post some of your striking coastal landscapes, perhaps?

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:18:38 »
Yes, similarity is apparent. The 'f' is missing through .... All hopes of a Df2 for the 100th Anniversary are thwarted.

Good to see you posting again, by the way. Post some of your striking coastal landscapes, perhaps?

Finally I'm starting to get a bit better after the chemotherapy, Bjørn! So I'll be working a lot in the time that comes!!
I really want the D850 but I guess I don't get one for 20.000kr , so I'll have to wait a bit. Or else I'll have to sell my D810 but I have made a promise to myself to NEVER EVER sell any Nikon stuff I've achieved !..
Just wrote you a message my dear Bjørn! :-) Love you!
"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:49:08 »
Patrick, it's good to have you back!
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:34:22 »
Very good to see you posting here again, Patrick!

The picture almost looks like a digital back of sorts.
Hans Cremers

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 13:40:47 »
Patrick, it's good to have you back!
Very good to see you posting here again, Patrick!

The picture almost looks like a digital back of sorts.

Thanks a whole lot Jakov and Hans!! 😁😄😁
Really appreciate that guys!! Sometimes it can take so little to make another human's day so much better! Made my day you guys! Thanks again‼️
Hans; It's not a strange lokking digital back but something for my drone. 😉🙂

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 13:48:47 »
Finally I'm starting to get a bit better after the chemotherapy, Bjørn! So I'll be working a lot in the time that comes!!
I really want the D850 but I guess I don't get one for 20.000kr , so I'll have to wait a bit. Or else I'll have to sell my D810 but I have made a promise to myself to NEVER EVER sell any Nikon stuff I've achieved !..
Just wrote you a message my dear Bjørn! :-) Love you!

Bjørn, can I post videos in here? From time-lapse to drone videos?
Perhaps I'll post a few landscapes later today, got some from when we were out last time, the time I borrowed your 105 1.4, and I also got some shot with the 200 2, but I have mainly used it for flowers, portraits etc. not so much landscapes yet! :-)
I LOVE THE LENS BJØRN!!!

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 13:57:14 »
NG is not yet set up for dealing with on-site video, but you could upload the stuff somewhere else and just post the link.

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 16:52:51 »
I wonder if we can made video available? Bjørn, have you ever looked into it? I'll try to see what I can learn about it after I get some other things done.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 17:55:21 »
What a hilarious return, Patrick!  Welcome back and hope you feel better now.

The "D2" lettering indeed looks slimilar to the logo of Nikon's product, but you don't need to worry about the confusion: there was no D2 without suffix and were only D2H and D2X.  :D
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 10:33:32 »
What a hilarious return, Patrick!  Welcome back and hope you feel better now.

The "D2" lettering indeed looks slimilar to the logo of Nikon's product, but you don't need to worry about the confusion: there was no D2 without suffix and were only D2H and D2X.  :D

Hi Akira, :-)
Thanks for your comment!! Appreciate it Akira!! 😄
I know that the D2 only game in 3 different versions, D2H, D2X (which I still love the colors of), and finally the D2Xs came out a few years before the D3. But I think I recall I had a D1 once, didn't Nikon make D1, D1X and D1S!?!?
Yes Akita, I'm starting to get back on my feets now, had some hard months, but the cure is over now, so now my body is getting rid of the rest of the cure, it can take a little while before the chemo is all out of my body. And I was on a very hard cure, couldn't go up a stair without sitting down in the middle to rest..😓 I'm "only" 38 years old...But my body felt like it was 90 years old! 😁

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 11:57:06 »
Patrick, my other friend went under chemotherapy and told me how hard it was.  The friend is a little older than mine, so he would have felt like...okay, I'll stop thinking now.  :D

The Nikon D1 series consisted of D1, D1X and D1H, actually, which is the very reason why the people have always been speculating higher MP versions of the flagship models.   :o :o :o

You are right.  I forgot D2Hs...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Mike G

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 15:29:23 »
Patrick, as also a survivor of cancer(so far) and I had chemo, so I know little bit of how you must have felt! Chemo really takes it out of you, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel is quite long maybe as much as two years I'm told, one year in for me! The story of the stairs is also familiar to me!

Hold on things will improve, albeit sometimes it appears very slow, but it will happen. Good luck with your recovery from another member of this terrible cancer club.

Regards

Mike

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 18:23:02 »
Patrick and Mike -- Wishing all the best for your continued recovery from chemo!

Mike G

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 20:13:24 »
Thanks Andrea, I consider myself one of the lucky ones as I appear to be in remission for the present!