Author Topic: Tranquility over megalopolis  (Read 2294 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Tranquility over megalopolis
« on: August 08, 2017, 22:58:04 »
Shot in the early morning today.  Panasonic GH5, Ai Nikkor 200/4.0, Lumix G 25/1.7 (for pano).

These are vastly different from what Dave saw in Killin.  :D
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: Tranquility over megalopolis
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 00:56:02 »
Akira, why did you wake up so early? Or were you up all night  8)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 00:56:50 »
 I like the last one very much. It evokes a feeling of calmness and a contemplative attitude in me.

Ron Scubadiver

• NG Member
  • Renegade Street Photographer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 01:40:37 »
Definitely tranquil.  I don't like getting up early.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:10:17 »
Thank you guys, for stopping by and commenting!

Jakov, I went to bet at around 23:30 last night and woke up at 4:30.  The forecast temperature for today is 37 degree Celsius.  I couldn't sleep any longer!

Arthur, glad to know you interpreted my intention just like I intended!

Ron, I don't either, but the excessive heat in Tokyo wouldn't allow that.  I bet it is hot in Texas, too, but surely not as humid as it is over here!

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 02:52:37 »
Wow, I can feel that heat from here in Sydney - forecast minimum 28º C for Tokyo tonight!  I think that I will stay in Sydney a little longer - forecast minimum 10º C here.

Calm before the storm perhaps - red sky in the morning, sailor’s warning.
Mike Selby - Sydney

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 03:29:57 »
Akira,  have you a fan? When our air-conditioning broke a few weeks ago, we were  still able to get a good night's sleep by leaving a fan running on us all night long.  It's certainly wasn't the optimum solution, when we went to bed we had to lay on top of the covers, but as the night wore on we both got underneath them and slept quite comfortably. I am in Florida in the USA, it is quite hot and humid here as well.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 04:53:14 »
Mike, calmness before storm possibly.  In Tokyo, one should take the foldable umbrella even if the weather forecast indicates zero percent of rainfall, as you should already know.   :o :o :o  I envy you in Sydney!

Arthur, yes, we do have a fan, both motorized and manual (lol).  As I don't like to use air conditioner when I sleep at night, I leave the window open, which works until the sun rises.   ;D

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 06:23:48 »
I am in Florida in the USA, it is quite hot and humid here as well.

The last time I was in Fort Lauderdale, FL I got in at about 11:00 PM . It was quite warm and very humid. My father was there to close up my great uncle Al's house. A pink and black salamander greeted me at the front door. I was tired from the flight from LAX. I found a bed and turned on the radio. The news was on and the news man said an alligator bit a thirteen year old boy. It that a typical evening in Florida?

Best,

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 06:51:27 »
I am in Florida in the USA, it is quite hot and humid here as well.

I see.  I haven't been to Florida, but New Orleans in March of 2005.  I felt it was quite humid even in the early spring out there.  We seem to share the very similar climates.

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 15:55:07 »
I see.  I haven't been to Florida, but New Orleans in March of 2005.  I felt it was quite humid even in the early spring out there.  We seem to share the very similar climates.
March is one of the good months! You should experience it in August!

Ron Scubadiver

• NG Member
  • Renegade Street Photographer
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 19:01:10 »
37C is the normal summer high in Houston, but it has been raining a lot, so it has been cooler.  Due to the humidity (probably a problem in Tokyo) the heat factor here is usually over 40C, sometimes as high as 47C.

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 19:53:12 »
The last time I was in Fort Lauderdale, FL I got in at about 11:00 PM . It was quite warm and very humid. My father was there to close up my great uncle Al's house. A pink and black salamander greeted me at the front door. I was tired from the flight from LAX. I found a bed and turned on the radio. The news was on and the news man said an alligator bit a thirteen year old boy. It that a typical evening in Florida?

Best,

Dave

Dave- There haven't been that many attacks, but the trend in recent years is in the wrong direction. Gators are protected and the population is exploding. So, it appears, absent a change in the law,  inevitable there will be even more incidents in the future. I treat every body of water that is not a swimming pool where I can see the bottom, as potential gator habitat, and as to the swimming pools, I look before getting in (gators can easily climb over a 5 foot chain link fence if they see something that "interests" them), just to be sure. Here are a couple of references:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_alligator_attacks_in_the_United_States
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/07/13/why-alligator-attacks-are-spiking-in-florida.html

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 20:11:24 »
We average 34C for a high in July and August, but if we get a hot spell, it can get up to 37C, or even above. But we do tend to have lots of afternoon rain, which usually cuts the temperature down a bit, and which raises the humidity up a bit, so it is a no win situation. I dream of October.