Author Topic: Repro Nikkor 170mm F1.4  (Read 7445 times)

bobfriedman

• NG Supporter
  • Massachusetts, USA
Robert L Friedman, Massachusetts, USA
www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Repro Nikkor 170mm F1.4
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:15:49 »
Lens collectors apparently need immensely deep pockets in order to purchase these objects. A pity that potentially useful optics are doomed to a future life of being stood on a shelf.

Perhaps I should consider selling off my own Ultra-Micro-Nikkors ? :D

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 14:39:39 »
I have the 150mm Printing Nikkor, which is starting to come up on Ebay once in a while. It is a large but really great lens, highly corrected. It seems like they are pulling all the Printing Nikkors out of the old scanners these days, because there suddenly are lots of them. End of an era.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 15:42:53 »
The seller shamelessly stole the whole page from Red Book Nikkor website by Mr. Akiyama and says he may not ship to Japan.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

bobfriedman

• NG Supporter
  • Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 15:45:39 »
this did not go unnoticed by me.. but i have seen this many time..

in fact, recently Klaus Schmitt pointed out an ebay post which contains a lens sample image using one of MY images (w/o permission) that was from ANOTHER lens entirely and believe it or not.. Klaus remembered it five years later!!
Robert L Friedman, Massachusetts, USA
www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

Intrepid

• NG Member
  • Rank Amateur
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 22:54:11 »
That very sample sold on eBay from the UK and I was the second highest bidder.  Kiril won it for ~980UKP. This was before I urged Akiyama to translate his pages from Japanese to English. Not many of them exist compared to ~200 odd samples of the Repro Nikkor 85/1.

Michael, the Printing Nikkors (as detailed in Akiyama's site) were made for film reproduction (good old projection, followed by wet processing).  No scanners were involved.  The 150/2.8 sold new for >$10K, the 105/2.8 ~$7,500.  Very expensive and very special lenses.
Vivek Iyer

Intrepid

• NG Member
  • Rank Amateur
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 22:59:31 »
The seller shamelessly stole the whole page from Red Book Nikkor website by Mr. Akiyama and says he may not ship to Japan.

Akiyama's page is about the seller's very own lens.  He owns a lot of stuff.  Perhaps 50 times that of KDS315!

It is a case of Maya (A Sanskrit word meaning illusion). :). Reality may be far removed from web illusions.  :)
Vivek Iyer

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 23:49:54 »
Perhaps "Scanner" is not the the right word for the Printing Nikkors. They scan and copy movie film, but perhaps something like "film copier" might be better. Anyway, they are all coming out of the woodwork as digital takes over the industry.

I have the Printing Nikkors 95mm, 105mm, and 150mm, but not the smallest one, the 75mm.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Intrepid

• NG Member
  • Rank Amateur
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 23:57:15 »
The 75/2.8 is the rarest.  The original price list is even rarer.  :)
  The Zeiss equivalent of that 75/2.8 is the S-Planar 62/2.5.
Vivek Iyer