Author Topic: horses in captivity  (Read 2285 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: horses in captivity
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 17:09:52 »
Thank you, gentlemen for the comments. The more I meet horses the more I learn about them. For me the last set #10 clearly shows that I grow with the task...

I hope for tomorrow at dusk.

Quite possibly I will have some fog at dusk again ... like last year ...  test my eyes and cameras to the edge ...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Wannabebetter

• NG Member
  • Grateful For The Instruction Provided Me
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 12:57:44 »
Just a word of caution: Time spent with horses can quickly devolve from obsession to addiction! Trust me -- I know! (And miss the horses I lived with and especially the invaluable life-lessons they taught me. It's precisely why I know, and have come to accept, that I'm a real horses'...uh...posterior? LOL)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 14:34:34 »
Tomorrow I will visit some wild horses in the wild.

I am not drawn to horses at all. It is only because my daughter and my sister are very much into horses that I experience a lot of these encounters...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Wannabebetter

• NG Member
  • Grateful For The Instruction Provided Me
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 03:45:48 »
Keep a careful eye on them! (Have you noticed them hording sugar cubes or teasing large dogs -- even cats and children -- with long pieces of hay or dried grasses?) They may be asymptomatic, now, but if they begin to exhibit any unusual behavior around horses or present with acute equine affinity syndrome (AEAS or "horses arse"), have them seek qualified help immediately!

There is hope. I'm a survivor.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2018, 14:00:44 »
Wild horses! Looking forward to share it through your pictures

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 15:47:02 »
Wild horses! Looking forward to share it through your pictures

see dedicated thread.