Author Topic: Is this a serious offer????  (Read 21015 times)

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
Re: Is this a serious offer????
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 02:56:34 »
Frank,

I can buy directly from Nikon USA. I'd check with the official Nikon website in your region. It should be obvious if you can.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 08:08:14 »
32000 customers, 98% positive.
32000*0.02=640!!!!!!!! negative feedbacks.
This is negating the neutral ones and people who are pissed but didn't bother leaving a review. I don't leave negative reviews personally, despite many negative experiences with Ebay sellers.

Trust me, this is trash. 32000 customers, and a 99.5% above is considered good in my book. 99.6-100% is considered brilliant -- trust me, those sellers do exist. Oh and even from China, as atrocious most are on Ebay.

Stay away. Some just take your money, put it in a bank for interest and ship when there's enough stock to dispatch at once, they will refund immediately once you question them. 98% is utterly garbage. 
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V2 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 08:50:20 »
Nikon.de wants 1500€ incl VAT, which is 1260 Euros sans VAT and they say I have to wait till it is in stock. From the USA I can get it shipped for the German net price including import tax.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 10:07:19 »
Frank, both my a7RII (€2200 instead 3500) and 100-400 MKII (1699 instead 2069) are from www.e-infin.com

They also have the fish in stock for €1149, shipped incl tax:
https://www.e-infin.com/eu/item/3347/nikon_af-s_fisheye_nikkor_8-15mm_f/3.5-4.5e_ed_lens

Actually it is an grey import, shipped to London and then relabelled for EU shipping (no longer possible after Brexit). In case it does get picked up by customs they will reimburse whatever you had to pay. Shipping is surprisingly quick, something 3 days or so. They are also on ebay with a 99,3% rating ;)

I used to buy local in the NL but was getting a little tired of all the shops selling camera gear for MSRP, even two years after introduction (kartel pricing anyone??).
Cheers,
Jan Anne

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 13:01:21 »
Nikon.de wants 1500€ incl VAT, which is 1260 Euros sans VAT and they say I have to wait till it is in stock. From the USA I can get it shipped for the German net price including import tax.

Strange. In the Netherlands they are available at the on-line retailers (I checked 3)
For €1539,00 (incl. 21% VAT).
I got mine a couple of weeks back. :D
Chris Dees

brent_e

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 13:12:31 »
Hi Frank,

as i do not know if he is an official Nikon dealer. His ratings are good and you can use PayPal: Why not try it?

Harald

this is false.  I wouldn't consider buying from someone unless their rating is above 99.6 or 99.7%.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 13:17:06 »
On my way just now to pick up a sample of the 8-15 myself. I need a fisheye for some underwater shots and my trustworthy 16/2.8 has developed weak perimeter sharpness - something is amiss with it. I contemplated getting the 16/2.8 AFD as an intermediate solution, but as the 8-15 now is available at my dealer's and I got a good price on it (not permitted to say but lower than Chris'), the obvious answer was plainly to see.

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 13:41:11 »
On my way just now to pick up a sample of the 8-15 myself. I need a fisheye for some underwater shots and my trustworthy 16/2.8 has developed weak perimeter sharpness - something is amiss with it. I contemplated getting the 16/2.8 AFD as an intermediate solution, but as the 8-15 now is available at my dealer's and I got a good price on it (not permitted to say but lower than Chris'), the obvious answer was plainly to see.
;) Awesome! I'll be waiting to see some interesting reviews.
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V2 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 15:28:24 »
Very helpful post, JA! I hope we take the photo ralley A'dam together and finally find friendship at the bottom of some decent bottles and in our united interest in sustainability and autarkic life of cell structure ....
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 15:38:02 »
Here in Tokyo, a reputable retailer (where I buy things most often) sells the fisheye zoom for 132,500 JPY.  So, the price the eBay seller offers should not be abnormally cheap.  It is rather normal.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 17:01:31 »
Interesting thread for me as one who needs to rely on Nikon equipment imported here by Nikon  USA, unless I want to forego any Nikon USA warranty, have Nikon USA service or repair the product, ever, for any reason.

Not all posters here seem concerned about it, so maybe they don't face the same situation in their country.  :-\

Carl

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 17:07:04 »
There are countries in which Nikon has a relaxed and customer-friendly policy.

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 17:11:54 »
There are countries in which Nikon has a relaxed and customer-friendly policy.

That is encouraging, too bad it doesn't apply here.
Carl

Harald

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 19:00:52 »
Hi,

this is false.  I wouldn't consider buying from someone unless their rating is above 99.6 or 99.7%.

Why? I am in this business and a REAL rating better then 90% is impossible.
This is Amazon Germany:

https://de.trustpilot.com/review/www.amazon.de

I am very satisfied with Amazon. ;)

Harald                             
Some pictures on FLICKR

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 20:07:43 »
I am happy if it is above 98% because in Germany many  people complain for no good reason. If you manage to contain that to less the 2% you are very good. I read the negative feedback and if it is about idiots basically complain about their own stupidity, I will order.

BUT if I remember stuff like: Item listed as available immediately and only ships weeks later or no reaction from service or used item sold as new .... Serious stuff I mean, I would never buy there despite 98%