Author Topic: Is this a serious offer????  (Read 21046 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Is this a serious offer????
« on: July 07, 2017, 22:14:35 »
382145434144 eBay item

The seller is platinum power with 98% customer satisfaction.

The fish sells for 1016 UK Sterling, which equals 1156€ shipped within the EU.

Can I buy there with trust???

You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Is this a serious offer????
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 22:17:53 »
98% rating - stay off. That's bad.

Harald

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 22:57:00 »
Hi Frank,

as i do not know if he is an official Nikon dealer. His ratings are good and you can use PayPal: Why not try it?

Harald
Some pictures on FLICKR

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 23:04:13 »
98% rating is *not* good on eBay - it's poor.

Harald

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 23:11:39 »
Hi,

i read the last negative ratings because i know of fake reviews or ratings. 98% positive ratings with over 32000 customers is good: The last reviws are about wrong color or nothing on stock . Not perfect but good. I would not buy in this shop: He is selling everything so i do not know from where these lenses are. As he is in Great Britain and the price is hit i am expecting shipping from Hong Kong and tax fraud.... 

Harald
Some pictures on FLICKR

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 23:23:54 »
32000 customers and 98% rating is bad. Believe me. One wants the rating of volume sellers to be well above 99.5%.

Paypal might "protect" you so you won't lose too much money, but the frustrations of bad deals stay.  Plus conflict resolution takes quite some time.

longzoom

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 23:38:59 »
This thing 382145434144 can't be recognizable by E-Bay system. Are you sure its ## correct? 

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 23:55:53 »
This thing 382145434144 can't be recognizable by E-Bay system. Are you sure its ## correct?

I think I found it.

http://tinyurl.com/y8j6syan
Carl

longzoom

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 00:23:25 »
Yes, thank you! Frank, it is from HK (not NK, typo), so, it will be unrepairable  in Germany, as well as in the USA. Price is attractive - $1309, but Him only knows... I would pass on it.  LZ

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 00:40:19 »
Yes, thank you! Frank, it is from NK, so, it will be unrepairable  in Germany, as well as in the USA. Price is attractive - $1309, but Him only knows... I would pass on it.  LZ

He's asking for British Pounds Sterling, the lens in France, the seller is in Kowloon, Hong Kong, they don't ship to the USA.

How did you determine that the lens is from NK? Did I miss that on the ebay website? Where's my eyeglass cleaner....
Carl

bobfriedman

• NG Supporter
  • Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 01:01:32 »
pass.. and wait for someone reputable.. like the store at the corner.. since this is a new lens availability won't be a problem.

if you look at the neg feedback it appears he relays stock from all over and doesn't always get it.   
Robert L Friedman, Massachusetts, USA
www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 01:36:18 »
To have a warranty don't you have to buy from an authorized Nikon dealer? If you don't know the dealer isn't it prudent to check Nikon and verify that the dealer claiming to be (to be or not to be...) an authorized dealer actually is such?

Take a pass or leave a pass!  Or just pass!

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 01:41:30 »
I would trust that the offer is serious. The trouble you acquire might be even more serious.

Dave who is waiting for a friend here in Loma Lizard where it's 113*F (45*C) interested in the shade. [Stupid phone puts words in my fingers.]
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 01:47:17 »
"depending on where you are we ship from Hongkong or our warehouse in France or Germany" Strange sentence.

Amazon.co.uk does not have the lens in stock. Normally I use to buy there when the pound is low and the Euro is high as it is currently. Amazon.co.uk last time shipped EU product from Germany to Germany for a price that looked like tax fraud to me, registered as a private customer.

The EU and the UK deal with the tax problem. The UK says they collect the tax from Amazon in case they police it. Customer is off the hook.

If I buy in the US I pay roughly the same as I would pay with the eBay seller in question, only added import tax to the item, egliable for later deduction in my company's tax return.

As I pay no taxes for the eBay.co.uk item I do not get a return. No one it hurt.

Only thing I ask myself and this is truly important is: will the item be included in my NPS setup?

Genuine US is roughly 1300€ including import tax of 19% deductible later.

Brick and mortar price in Germany is 1500€ va tax of 19% deduction later.

For two hundred I work two hours at a customer site and edit another two ours before writing a bill or I invite my family to a luxurious restaurant visit or cook a great meal with great wine for my friends.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 02:13:31 »
Question: supporting Nikon is important for me. Where do I buy to support Nikon best? Can I buy from them directly? Yes the question is unrelated to this thread, but contributes to my decision making on where to buy.