Author Topic: Streets  (Read 1415 times)

Rick Waldroup

• NG Member
    • Rick Waldroup Photography
Streets
« on: June 21, 2017, 01:10:42 »
All of the photos were shot recently in Fort Worth, Texas.

Houston Street

5th Street

Self Portrait - Commerce Street

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
Re: Streets
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 19:41:12 »
I get excited when I see your name on a post.

Great captures, thank you for sharing      ....nice to see you holding a real camera again ;) :)

Cheers
Bez

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 22:28:25 »
Even though my subjects of photography is mostly different, your images are always inspiring.  Thanks for sharing!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Rick Waldroup

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 22:47:24 »
Thanks, Bez and Akira, for the comments.

Bez, I wanted a Nikon Df when they first came out and came very, very close to selling off all of my m4/3 gear to finance the move back to Nikon, but I waited.  Then, with the recent price drop of the Df, I finally pulled the trigger and switched back to the system that I grew up using all those years ago.  I can honestly say that I missed my Nikons more than I thought I would. 8)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 23:34:06 »
Always a treat to see your work.

I got caught in the first one. Use of space and light to give plenty to the bank sing (bbva) and very little to the man, enclosed and in shadows. All the strong geometry in contrast with the human. I always thought of buildings as violent to us, even thou they obviously offer protection. A bank building double violent. That´s what I get, if subtle, from the first image even if it was not the original intention.

Thanks for sharing Rick!

p.s.: how are you liking the df?

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 01:16:45 »
# 1, and especially #2, get my vote. Crisp B&Ws.
Carl

Rick Waldroup

• NG Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 11:59:56 »
Thanks, golunvolo and Carl, for the comments.

So far, I am loving the Df.  It reminds me very much of shooting my Nikon F3's many years ago.  For the first time in a long time, I find myself hardly ever chimping with the Df.   I trust the camera to deliver the shot properly exposed, etc.  Almost all of the major functions of the camera can be locked in place so there are no surprises when I raise the camera to my eye.  It really makes for a great shooting experience as compared to my m4/3 system.  Of course, one of the biggest trade-offs between the two systems is size.  So it is taking me a bit to get used to the much bigger Nikon camera and lenses, but the Df is fairly lightweight for its size.  Overall, I am very glad to have made the switch back to the Nikon system.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 13:56:13 »
nice series Rick!
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 15:03:47 »
Bez, I wanted a Nikon Df when they first came out and came very, very close to selling off all of my m4/3 gear to finance the move back to Nikon, but I waited.  Then, with the recent price drop of the Df, I finally pulled the trigger and switched back to the system that I grew up using all those years ago.  I can honestly say that I missed my Nikons more than I thought I would. 8)

I never got on with m4/3 (Panasonic). But have persevered with fujifilm X-Pro, X100, for street photography, despite their foibles.
I do remember being impressed with the tonality of the images from your RD-1.
I'm not so excited by the Df, for street, but would be very excited if Nikon released a digital SP.

Cheers
Bez