Author Topic: Modern Seoul in Traditional Forest  (Read 2863 times)

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Modern Seoul in Traditional Forest
« on: June 18, 2017, 08:35:39 »
All D800E with 20mm AI-s @f8

Mrs Mongo was caught checking the time on bottom left of #3

ColinM

• NG Member
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
Re: Modern Seoul in Traditional Forest
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 21:44:58 »
Wonderful Mongo, esp the first image.

I've never been to Seoul, but have just come back from China. I was really struck by the imagination showed by the architects, compared to what I see back in Blighty. Curves, buildings with holes in them, it was like a breath of fresh air.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 00:01:43 »
Very intersting place, Seoul and you show this clearly
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 07:15:18 »
Thanks col and frank. Yes, it is a very surprisingly  modern and busy place. The buildinds' designes often appear to be deliberately complex and cutting edge as if to prove a point that this city wants to be seen as world class. Yet, it is nice to see the very old and traditional forest left to blend in with progress. A happy and successful mix.

#1 is also Mongo's favourite

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:32:57 »
my education tells me that I have to say Mrs Mongo picture is my fav  ;)
my expectation from Seoul tells me, that it is a big city, so I see no 2 as my fav
looking at no 1, beeing the perfect symbiose of green and skyscraper I am lost in finding a fav
means: I like them all
Thomas Stellwag

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 12:38:53 »
On my screen, the micro contrast is enhanced and that resulted in the visible halo.  But I think that it works really nicely here to render these neo-futuristic and a bit surreal cityscapes.  I'm not sure if that was your intention, though.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 03:14:55 »
my education tells me that I have to say Mrs Mongo picture is my fav  ;)
my expectation from Seoul tells me, that it is a big city, so I see no 2 as my fav
looking at no 1, beeing the perfect symbiose of green and skyscraper I am lost in finding a fav
means: I like them all

thank you Thomas - thoroughly enjoyed reading your analysis.

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:47 »
On my screen, the micro contrast is enhanced and that resulted in the visible halo.  But I think that it works really nicely here to render these neo-futuristic and a bit surreal cityscapes.  I'm not sure if that was your intention, though.

thanks Akira. Cannot see it on this screen but not surprised it is there as there was a little PP work to accentuate the colour and sheen of these (as you say) neo-futuristic buildings if possible - shame it resulted in  halos in the image but good to know. thanks as always for letting Mongo know about this.

Frode

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 10:26:39 »
All D800E with 20mm AI-s @f8

Mrs Mongo was caught checking the time on bottom left of #3

Mongo, I like the way you do your compositions. #1: fantastic color and framing. Trees makes some fine diagonals. I also liked #3 where the elements draw the viewer into the picture (by your wife, elements that together «draw» a diagonal line and last the road- marking that leads into the same direction, but from the opposite direction. Nice colors too!

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 06:40:11 »
Mongo, I like the way you do your compositions. #1: fantastic color and framing. Trees makes some fine diagonals. I also liked #3 where the elements draw the viewer into the picture (by your wife, elements that together «draw» a diagonal line and last the road- marking that leads into the same direction, but from the opposite direction. Nice colors too!

A very big thanks Frode. It is very heartening when other photographers notice the elements used by others to construct their images in particular ways - and a big bonus if they really like it too.