Author Topic: Scotland in Color  (Read 3447 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Scotland in Color
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 17:41:01 »
Love the idyllic landscapes in the later batch!  Thanks for posting!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 18:01:12 »
These pictures are a pleasure to look at.

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 18:16:24 »
Your beautiful photographs make me realise that I haven't spent time in Scotland for far too long.

Glen Coe in sunlight is really beautiful. I saw it under heavy cloud and found the place quite forbidding but that impression was probably coloured by knowing what had happened there.

I once gave a dinner party and it was only as my guests were about to arrive that I realised to my huge embarrassment that I had invited a couple of McGregors together with two Campbells although, fortunately, no McDonalds as well.

The evening fortunately passed without bloodshed.

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 11:14:38 »
Some very nice images here, Peter, and it's interesting to see another photographer's "take" on some very familiar (to me) locations. Each set of images contains some real beauties but my favourite set is the second one; I think a few of the first set could be processed to give a darker, more contrasty result? But all a real pleasure to look at.

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 16:07:21 »
Thank you for your kind words.

Ann: the MacDonalds probably thought "not again". Fortunately the various clans get along much better these days!

Peter: I will definitely try that. However, I opted for the somewhat dreamy look caused by the circumstances. Probably I can spend days photographing these beautiful places at various times of the day.
Peter