Author Topic: Early Season  (Read 2470 times)

Woodley Willie

• Monkey See, Monkey Do, Monkey Do Again...
  • NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Early Season
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:01:03 »
I am no longer able to look at this image with the necessary detachment.  I would appreciate some new eyes...
Wonder what this does?

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Early Season
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:01:39 »
I like it.  The lovely B&W tones come through even on my laptop screen.  Personally, I might try to eliminate the dark halo around the human figure, but that's just because halos are out of style in my photo-social circle.  Thanks for posting.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Les Olson

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 09:21:33 »
Personally, I dislike the style intensely, but yours is a very good example of it and I think someone who liked the style would like the image.  I might clone out the (?) ship on the horizon as well as the halo around the person. 

Woodley Willie

• Monkey See, Monkey Do, Monkey Do Again...
  • NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 15:54:53 »
Personally, I dislike the style intensely, but yours is a very good example of it and I think someone who liked the style would like the image.  I might clone out the (?) ship on the horizon as well as the halo around the person.
Your honesty made me chuckle...let's say I decide to never try this 'style' again, which could actually happen, how would you describe this style? 

I like it.  The lovely B&W tones come through even on my laptop screen.  Personally, I might try to eliminate the dark halo around the human figure, but that's just because halos are out of style in my photo-social circle.  Thanks for posting.

Thanks, pluton
I will try to figure out how to eliminate the halo with my Affinity software.  It's probably simple, but I have not had to do this yet.
Wonder what this does?

Les Olson

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 17:18:34 »
It is the long exposure look I dislike, if the image is a straight up seascape.  If I tell you that I really like Hiroshi Sugimoto's seascapes you might get why I don't like the style of yours as a seascape (http://c4gallery.com/artist/database/hiroshi-sugimoto/seascapes/hiroshi-sugimoto-seascapes.html).

The image can be read in a different way that I like much better.  A lone figure, with footprints emphasised, on a beach made slightly surreal by the long exposure.  On closer inspection the figure is odd-looking ... maybe a person with a helmet, like an astronaut? ... or not a person at all?  The B&W then gives the viewer the option of wondering if the sky and the sea are not blue in this world but some other colour, or maybe this is not a B&W image at all and that is the colour they are.   

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 17:47:02 »
I really like it, like the image of a dream
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 20:49:30 »
Lovely gradation, motion and open space. The black marks on the wave mimicking foot prints are the ice on the cake and thus made the image for me. In order to make stronger guidance of lines towards the lone figure I will crop some of the top of the image effectively changing the ratio aspect to a more severe "wide-screen"