Author Topic: Going Mirrorless?  (Read 4530 times)

Peter

• "Remember You can only use one eye at a time"
  • NG Member
  • Los Alamos, New Mexico
Re: Going Mirrorless?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 04:43:08 »
Well I have been playing with this camera and Nikon and Rokinon 14mm and 85mm f1.4.
The 14mm is so far not that good on this camera, The 85mm looks good haven't played that much with it Nikon 20mm f4 OK, 100mm Nikkor-P Gauss f2.5 good AF D 50-105mm good.
So far the star of the show is my 50mm f1.8.. I got some stunning isolated shots today see photos.
I have a question one the files will not open in PS5, will open in the Sony Image Data converter but won't convert to Tiff or jpeg. It will open in the Free PT Photo editor but they are extremely warm looking have to cool the WB to get it to look natural like I get in the Sony IDC program they look excellent in the Sony IDC.
Help Serious SONY Newbee!! ??? The girl was riding her bike back to Canada started from Canada..
This camera has some good dynamic range.. I Like it!

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 05:32:26 »
I am curious about that,too because I am yet to see my files from my NEX-3N in lightroom  :o :o :o

Peter

• NG Member
  • Los Alamos, New Mexico
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 05:18:26 »
Got my C/Y Adapter today for my Yashica ML 50 f1.7.
So far the 50's kick in high gear on this camera, my 20mm seem to have a mind of it's own even with the focus peak.
The 105's are close to the 50's. I am enjoying this camera anyway I can. If for street photography is what it's doing good at I can live with that.
And no I haven't picked up my D700 in awhile! :(

Peter

• NG Member
  • Los Alamos, New Mexico
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 15:52:14 »
So far I have acquired a few 50mm lenses and adapters..
From Russian glass to Canon 1.4, Yashica, Minolta MD 50mm f1.7 that I picked up for $3.00 at Goodwill, it was stiff but clean. Konica No pentax yet.

Yashica ML 50mm f1.7 1&2. 3 Nikkor f1.8 Ai and Rokinon 14mm..