Author Topic: Nikon D850?  (Read 9101 times)

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
Nikon D850?
« on: May 23, 2017, 09:45:45 »
Nikon D850 round the corner? well this fellow seems to think so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO7QcaUQhQo

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Nikon D850?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 13:33:48 »
He seems to be more specific than others.

44.8 Megapixel is better than between 44 and 46
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

JohnBrew

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 20:54:01 »
Interesting video. If he is correct, there is nothing in the new camera body that I need.

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 21:23:24 »
A video version of KR: present plausible facts mixed with polarizing opinions to stir discussion and get clicks.

Let's just wait until the official announcement to see what is being offered by Nikon.

longzoom

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 03:16:50 »
A video version of KR: present plausible facts mixed with polarizing opinions to stir discussion and get clicks.

Let's just wait until the official announcement to see what is being offered by Nikon.
Interesting video. If he is correct, there is nothing in the new camera body that I need.
      Exactly, Gentlemen!  Let us wait and see.  LZ

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 12:29:39 »
And I like the 3300€ price point. I expected much higher.

Very nice. I suffer using the D600 along side the D500. I want the same responsiveness on both FX and DX
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 16:43:52 »
Typically larger formats are for slower, more thought out applications and smaller formats for fast response. FX is available as a fast model but it is comparatively expensive. Medium format is not available at all in the fast variety AFAIK.

Since D7500, D500 and D5 (as well as Canon 5DIV) are all more expensive than their predecessors were when they were introduced as new models (and Nikon's nearest competitor for the D810's successor i.e. the 5Ds R is also more expensive), at least in the EUR market, I would expect the D810's successor also to be 10-20% more expensive than the D810 was at launch. Maybe 3500-3800 EUR. But, if Nikon thinks they will sell a lot of the new cameras they might keep the old price. This is unlikely to me as they seem to be preparing for substantially reduced demand.

chambeshi

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 17:31:54 »
This guy is very confident - and one tends to want to believe this guy - I mean he SAYS - he is 100% sure.
His credibility in my book dipped a lot though when I read up a tad more about him. He might be right - the proof is in the pudding
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 08:39:13 »
This guy is very confident - and one tends to want to believe this guy - I mean he SAYS - he is 100% sure.
His credibility in my book dipped a lot though when I read up a tad more about him. He might be right - the proof is in the pudding
Are you referring to his "magnetism" stuff or the alleged "photo stealing"?
Because the latter is actually quoting one single line out of a 36 minute video, which we all know is called "cherrypicking".
I've talked to Ken in person and never did he say he owned those photos he printed. Printing potentially copyrighted work from online could be a bit unethical, but his words were "some of my test shots I have". The ones he took (ducks and etc) he was able to recall the full settings. So yeah, it's all a smear job done by people up to no good.

He's now even cozy with Jason Lanier lol. Both of them have so many common traits (looks, unPC language, humour, and etc), makes me wonder what took so long  :P
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V2 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 08:56:44 »
No I am not talking about stolen images at all.
But I am always open to correction.
It doesnt mean that he isnt right about the new specs tho
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

CardBoardBoxProcessor

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 05:16:40 »
the title screen is appealing.
I'd rather have a 36mp with better noise reduction and DR. pixel proliferation is starting to be an issue.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 09:28:11 »
the title screen is appealing.
I'd rather have a 36mp with better noise reduction and DR. pixel proliferation is starting to be an issue.
Agree.  I felt the same when Fuji X went from 16MP to 24MP.  16 was fine.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 13:08:01 »
Agree.  I felt the same when Fuji X went from 16MP to 24MP.  16 was fine.

That could be said about many other DX format cameras.
24MP seems to be the default already since a few years.

Having said that my own experience is that the X-T2 not only can resolve more than the X-T1, due to higher pixel count (only appreciable in large prints or when cropping tightly), but also has a bit less noise, especially at higher ISO.
Simone Tomasi

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 13:29:02 »
Maybe you are being sarcastic, but my warning lights go on when someone claims 100% certainty on anything.
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com