Author Topic: White Shorts and a Smirk  (Read 1115 times)

Ron Scubadiver

• NG Member
  • Renegade Street Photographer
White Shorts and a Smirk
« on: May 11, 2017, 00:22:59 »
White Shorts and a Smirk by Ron Scubadiver, on Flickr

Shot in Florence, Italy about 2 weeks after I got my D700 almost 7 years ago.  The VR had crashed on my 70-300, but it still managed.  What is significant is she is carrying a small camera instead of a mobile phone.  My has the world changed.  I have a bunch of these on my flickr site, accessible by clicking on the image.  They are on the first page now, later do a search for Florence.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
Re: White Shorts and a Smirk
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:19:00 »
You are spot on with how the world has changed. I wonder how many people / kids these days knows how to operate a "ordinary" camera.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 15:20:18 »
You are spot on with how the world has changed. I wonder how many people / kids these days knows how to operate a "ordinary" camera.

Well, at least some of them don't even know what an ordinary camera looks like! I took my D7200 refurb down to The UPS Store to return it to Adorama, and had a conversation with the young clerk behind the counter. I was inquiring about how much they would charge if they did the packing, instead of me doing it, and she asked what was being packed. So I told her a camera, she asked how big is it, and I said 35mm size, and she said that she had no idea what a 35mm sized camera looks like.

Great shot. Ron!
Carl

Ron Scubadiver

• NG Member
  • Renegade Street Photographer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 16:52:44 »
Thank you Elsa and Carl.