Author Topic: Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod - Additional Weight For Stability?  (Read 1372 times)

mncorrado

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
I have a Manfrotto 055 Pro3 carbon fiber tripod.  I love the tripod though at times in windy conditions I have trouble with vibrations.  I purchased the carbon fiber version of the tripod as I am starting to get older and would prefer to haul less than more things in the field.  Now at the same time I am trying to figure out a way to add some additional weight to the tripod.

Any thoughts on how the Manfrotto utility apron works or would something better work more effectively?

Thanks!
Jeff

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
If you are looking to travel light but still add mass to your tripod you can certainly hang your bag from the center of the tripod. You could also use a light nylon or mesh bag and put stones/dirt/sand in it when available. You can also use your own weight on the tripod - use a heavy elastic cord which is long enough to stretch from the tripod to the ground. Put a loop around your foot and step on it until it hits the ground. This will have the effect of a constant down force on the tripod.

mncorrado

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Excellent ideas!  I totally appreciate it.  I probably will get of the tripod stone bags and get some elastic cordage.