Author Topic: Sunset Photo (Cannot seem to get color correct)  (Read 1685 times)

Sherman71

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Sunset Photo (Cannot seem to get color correct)
« on: May 12, 2017, 18:32:18 »
Not sure if this is overdone (in terms of edit).  The sky really was a crazy color but my edits dont quite seem correct.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Sunset Photo (Cannot seem to get color correct)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 18:48:00 »
The colours really are pumped to the max ...

If one has had intention of showing a scene similar to what could be observed visually, the edit is taken too far. On the other hand, if you wish to make a more distilled conceptual rendition of 'sunset', the colour scheme is acceptable. Only you can decide.

Either way, the silhouette of the fisher blends into the background in a less ideal manner. It ought to be captured 'free' against a water surface for a stronger impact.

Matthew Currie

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 18:53:45 »
How crazy the color is may depend on the location.  I remember years ago driving into New York on the (no longer existent) West Side Highway, and looking over at New Jersey to realize that the sunset was green with kind of mustard-yellow edges.  Alas, I had no camera.  It made quite a sight, behind the enormous "Spry for Baking....Spry for Frying" neon sign that dominated the waterfront.

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 21:04:39 »
What camera? RAW file?

Dave Hartman
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 00:55:39 »
I like the color of this particular image.  The silhouette is nice, too.  But I kind of understand what Bjørn pointed out.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Lars Hansen

• NG Member
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 13:04:49 »
It is a nice image and in this rich color edit it would probably fit in nicely among the impressionistic photos in the "Impressionistic images" theme thread.