Author Topic: Vintage Country Fayre  (Read 1631 times)

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Vintage Country Fayre
« on: May 07, 2017, 11:15:20 »
Finally I have got out with my camera in 2017 and visited a local event. I intended on visiting a few sites this year that had preservation of very early machinery as their attraction.
The organisers of this Fayre have produced a very nice presentation of Rare Breed Horse and Vintage Machinery from the earliest days in the 1800's to the Mid 1900's, showing the hard work people will put in to keep the Industrial Heritage in a pristine condition that allows it to have full functionality as machinery. 
John Gallagher

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
Re: Vintage Country Fayre
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 15:31:49 »
It's amazing to see so many restored antique steam locomotives
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 19:15:30 »
I visited a fair of this kind in the suburbs of Munich, and was amazed to see the locomotives which I had seen for the first time.

The ones seen your images looks more elegant.  The leg of the rare horse looks good for cleaning my computer keyboard!

Thanks for sharing!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Mike G

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 19:47:27 »
Clydesdale one of several breeds of heavy horse, the hair around the feet is called the feathers. Gentle giants and very powerful!

Super photos!

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 20:28:30 »
Glad you are enjoying a few images of a bygone era.
The other breed of horse that is pulling the Log Cart is a Suffolk Punch, a very rare breed and only with us today as a pure breed because of a lot of care for the breed through conservation and very careful management of the remaining stock.
John Gallagher

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 02:55:19 »
Yes, super photos of a bygone era  -  thank you John for posting them.

My Dad had a dozen Clydesdales on his farm.  They were pensioned off when he switched to tractors, but he did not have the heart to get rid of them.  Their descendants were still on the farm when died nearly 40 years later!  Gentle giants indeed.

Clydesdale one of several breeds of heavy horse, the hair around the feet is called the feathers. Gentle giants and very powerful!

Super photos!
Hugh Gunn