Author Topic: Jerome  (Read 1017 times)

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Jerome
« on: May 05, 2017, 17:35:05 »
Jerome, Arizona is an old copper mining town where mining began in 1876 and the town was incorporated in 1899. Jerome is built at the 5000 ft.elevation on the side of a steep mountain. The mine closed in 1953, and the town was granted National Historic Landmark status in 1967. With the mine closed now, the chief industry is tourism, the marketing draw is being known as a Ghost Town, with many claimed sightings right up to today.

We stopped at one of the restaurants for lunch where you can see the Ghost Town theme being played out heavily with a Southwestern twist. My wife liked the food, and I wasn't thrilled, too much cilantro for me.
Carl

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
Re: Jerome
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 19:40:25 »
I had to look up what cilantro is - and I would agree with that sentiment - not my favourite either
Interesting image. Looks like a lovely place
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 20:13:55 »
I had to look up what cilantro is - and I would agree with that sentiment - not my favourite either
Interesting image. Looks like a lovely place

Believe it or not, I didn't add any saturation to that shot. That's just the way the place, Vaqueros Grill & Cantina, looks.
Cilantro, or coriander leaves, are a Mexican food delicacy that some just love. I can tolerate some, but not a lot, in my food. My wife, OTOH, loves it.
Carl

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 21:22:21 »
Years ago my lounge was painted orange  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  now I cant even begin to imagine it !
but this one looks good.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 23:09:17 »
Looking across the Verde Valley at the Western face of the Mogollon Rim as seen from Jerome. The long shadows are coming out, and the reds are coming out of the Rim. Also coming out, unfortunately, is some haze. They say that the last clean air in the US was seen over Flagstaff, Arizona several years ago. Flagstaff, BTW, is about 50-60 miles away from Jerome.

Carl

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 21:55:45 »
I said that Jerome sits on a steep hillside. This shot doesn't really emphasize that, but trust me, it's steep. 

Carl