Author Topic: Questions Regarding to the Rare Voigtlander 75mm f/2.5  (Read 2176 times)

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
Does anyone crrently use/own this lens? I personally have seen many 125mm apo-macro-lanthars flowing around but yet to see a 75mm Color-Heliar, especially one for the f-mount.

How is the performance wide open? Both sharpness wise and rendering?
Is it worth looking for? I digged around a bit and they go for around $700 USD or so.

Thanks!
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V2 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope

Roland Vink

• NG Supporter
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
Re: Questions Regarding to the Rare Voigtlander 75mm f/2.5
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 20:53:23 »
I had the original version years ago, only used on film so can't comment on its performance on digital cameras.
- it was very compact which was nice.
- overall build quality seemed good.
- 49mm filter size did not match the 52mm size of most of my Nikkors.
- 9 curved aperture blades so the opening was always nicely rounded.
- however, background rendering could still be harsh at times.
- knurled grip to hold when mounting, but not as prominent as the chrome ring on AI Nikkors so not as easy to grip.
- focus scale in m was white and easy to read, scale in feet was red and hard to see against the black finish.

Although it is a nice compact short tele, I didn't find it to be anything special - I was hoping for something with smoother bokeh - in the end I sold it and went back to my AIS 85/2.

F2F3F6

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 21:02:14 »
A few years ago, I had the 2,5/75mm Color Skopar in L39 (Leica thread) mount for my Leica M cameras. Alas not in F-mount...Price: 250€.

Optics were OK: good contrast and so-so bokeh; my 2,8/90 Tele-Elmarit was a bit less contrasty but had a better bokeh (too nervous with color-skopar)...and my 1,4/85 AFD had (and has ever) better bokeh and smoother color rendition.
So I ended selling it...

The F-version seems rare !

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 22:56:33 »
The F-version seems rare !
I saw at least five of them for sales last year in the F mount.  The reviews I have read confirm the findings of Roland, an-OK-lens.

Dane

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 11:58:06 »
This is a very underrated lens to me. It shines due to its compact size, it's nice bokeh and its great wide open sharpness.
Closed down only the sharpness extends to the edges, but even wide open it's very sharp in the center.