Author Topic: Judy B. in Kensington  (Read 1171 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Judy B. in Kensington
« on: April 14, 2017, 00:08:00 »
Recently re-discovered in my slide collection while preparing a photo essay on our kids and their friends when they were younger.
Probably taken in Kensington Market (the telephone pole is the clue), this is another shot of our good friends oldest daughter Judy, a life-long friend of our Son and his wife.
motorized Nikon FE-2
Nikkor 105 2.5 AI manual focus
Ektachrome 100 ISO colour slide
probably 2.8 @ 1/500th
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Tristin

• NG Member
  • Nothing less, always more.
Re: Judy B. in Kensington
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 22:48:16 »
Lovely shot, the depth of tone is really striking and beautiful.  Certainly an image that digital could only deliver with PP labor.
-Tristin

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 00:01:55 »
Lovely shot, the depth of tone is really striking and beautiful.  Certainly an image that digital could only deliver with PP labor.
Thank you Tristan.
I love the look of film images, as opposed to the Hyper-real perfection of Digital, which to me is so perfect as to look un-natural.
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:48 »
Great portrait and like Tristin said, very fine tones.

Not every camera will give you that complete digital perfection. ;)   Apart from the 'effect' with the use of older lenses I like the rendering of the Fuji S5 Pro, which has been developed to come 'close' to film.

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 13:35:07 »
Great portrait and like Tristin said, very fine tones.

Not every camera will give you that complete digital perfection. ;)   Apart from the 'effect' with the use of older lenses I like the rendering of the Fuji S5 Pro, which has been developed to come 'close' to film.
Thanks John.
I appreciate your kind words.
Robert