Author Topic: Focusing screen Nikon D800E-manual focus  (Read 8062 times)

JJChan

• JJ Chan
  • NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Focusing screen Nikon D800E-manual focus
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 07:37:52 »
The focusing screen.com K3 for D800E and Df are same size and interchangeable. Have changed between the 2.
K3 is much brighter than K2. I'm currently using Nikon F4. Viewfinder is massive and pretty good for manual focus. Definitely not interchangeable with FM2/3 etc

JJ

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 08:13:17 »
for your peace of mind, canon's focusing screens are larger so you can also try that  :o :o :o

charlie

• NG Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 08:35:38 »
The focusing screen.com K3 for D800E and Df are same size and interchangeable. Have changed between the 2.
K3 is much brighter than K2. I'm currently using Nikon F4. Viewfinder is massive and pretty good for manual focus. Definitely not interchangeable with FM2/3 etc

JJ

Thanks for the info.

Do you happen to know if focusingscreen.com version of the K3 is the same length as the D800e & DF screens?

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 08:44:00 »
My FE2 screen will darken in wrong light with f4 lenses.

If by this you mean the split image rangfider darkens try centering your​ eye in the eyepiece better. I didn't have much trouble with f/4.0 lenses. By f/4.5 the split image rangfider is showing you the barrel of the lens as it's trying to look through the edges of an f/3.5 or faster lens.

I remember well the A screen rangefinder blackout with my 80-200/4.5 Nikkor. The cure was an R screen or better an E or B screen. My camera then was an F2 or F2.

As I recall the R screen was like the A screen but the slope on the rangefinder was suitable for f/3.5 down to f/5.6 maximum apertures. It could be used with faster lenses with the risk of focus errors at apertures larger than f/3.5.

Dave Hartman
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!