Author Topic: Ducts  (Read 1669 times)

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Ducts
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:57:39 »
I am not sure what I like about this one, but it is an example of what I find myself photographing.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Ducts
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 13:14:46 »
Plenty to like. I will pinpoint the sci-fiction sensation. Did you find it or make it?

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 13:37:06 »
nicely stored ducts :)
Who wouldn't like the blues  8)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 15:49:21 »
Golunvolo,

Thanks for your comments.

We are building a new workplace for about 2200 people. I don't actually do anything, but I have to make sure it all gets done, and that what gets done is actually what we want to get done. These duct are found on the site. The blue covering is to keep dust out until they are all hooked up. The blue color is so you can easily see that it is on and then later that it has been removed. 

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 07:18:03 »
Hi, Jack, this is a wonderful abstraction!  I also like the way the steep perspective gives some sense of getting sucked into the center of the image.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 05:41:51 »
it is a visually interesting image. It has a sense of randomness about it notwithstanding how the ducts seem to be stacked. The blue definitely gives it an extra lift and dimension. The relatively low exposure also adds to the mystery and creates, effectively, a third colour if you want to regard "black as a colour. In any event, it gives you black , silver and blue and all go well together.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 05:54:08 »
Did you light the pile from behind or was the light there and you just found it?
I guess this is what Paco also wanted to know.

Gorgeous result either way!

You say you do not do very much, you "only" manage the peoject and a responsible for the work to get done. In my book that is the real work, the other parts are only the execution of the plan. If the plan is bad the excecutioneers pile rubble...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/