Author Topic: Sony at the beach  (Read 1693 times)

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
Sony at the beach
« on: January 07, 2017, 04:55:16 »
Took the a7II and a7rII to the beach for a family outing just some snaps in different light with Batis 25 and Batis 85.  Shot the Fishing Village in the early mornings.  Tourist season is looking bad this year.

Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Sony at the beach
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 09:59:03 »
Tom: The last one is really a wonderful action shot. Interesting choice to leave us with the impresion of fading light and not edit that out in post!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 11:15:45 »
A beautiful series depicting the relationship between the people and the landscape.

The fringe of the sun in #3 looks peculiar.  I noticed the viedeo-like rendition of the edges of the light source in the adverse contrast (e.g. LED light in the darkness).  I'm not sure if it is caused by the character or something in the post process, but it dose give a positive edge to this particular image.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 00:28:31 »
Lovely selection Tommy.

I particularly like the setting sun and volleyball images. In addition to their photographic qualities, they just make me want to be there on the beach with you.

Tourist season is looking bad this year.

Bad = overcrowded?
 or   = too quiet?