Author Topic: New production  (Read 9804 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: New production
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 00:05:59 »
Paco, thanks for posting the rework.  That works to me very well, although Airy's point makes sense.

I strongly wish that the pants were red.  Then the original color version would look fantastic even with some crease.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 02:00:00 »
I get the pose, the pants tradition and the shoe as the toreador hat (so very cool!!!). All works nicely.

But the eye stop caused halfway down the photo by the change from black-lace-on-skin to blue/gold pants
breaks the flow badly. Black and gold pants, perhaps?? Or possibly gold lace?? Keep the eye moving from the frayed pants seam (which just *makes* the photo, imho!) all the way up the braid or lace to the shoe - and then back down.

This is a wonderful idea to work out. Enjoyed seeing it.

(I hope this comment is not too difficult to translate.)

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 04:08:53 »
I like the shot. I know that it is an improvised studio/lighting setup.
If there was more control. I would improve...make more visually dramatic...the lighting.
Also, the white background is less desirable for this subject than a darker background would be.
Maybe for the final promo material the background can be changed.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 04:33:29 »
Also, the white background is less desirable for this subject than a darker background would be.
Maybe for the final promo material the background can be changed.

Ah, then the red background would be nice!  A fauvisme look would suit the motif.

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 23:00:50 »
A Matisse red, yes?? "-)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 23:22:57 »

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 00:29:41 »
This combination was actually shot with a red background too. A red shall, beautiful piece of work from the 1800s   :o   I still like the idea but the pictures didn't come out good enough...We did some red dress with dramatic stage lighting and some with a very interesting tiny led lights around the body. All an all fun with results to complement each other.

Thanks a lot for all your input.

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 00:45:35 »
Thank you for showing us the interesting work you make!

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 10:19:54 »
First, I also think a dark red tone backdrop would suit the first image, I would try a heavy velvet theatre curtain,,, 

Quite a style change here,,, definitely worth more work to have fun with pin point lights like that ;) Nice one!
Erik Lund

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 11:25:23 »
I think the first one is a very powerful composition. It is a story of power and passion but also suggests space. It makes you think: is this a dancer or a matador. or both. It peaks my interest in learning more about the show. The second one is too tight but I can understand why you did it (distraction of the less-than-perfect fit). Ironing the crease may helpm as Airy said.

I wonder how a black background and a combination of spotlight and silhouette would work out. My initial thought is that it would have made the story even more powerful. But as you said, you had to work through the difficulties of the environment.
Peter

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:42 »
Mongo had an instant reaction to this image (the first version). Mongo thinks the visual effect on one’s senses of any image is the most important. All the technical stuff and picking at small detail is of secondary importance e.g. the pants etc.

First reaction was that it is a fabulously creative composition and combination of elements that momentarily both puzzles and entices the senses. It has all the elements of a nude, mono, colour and almost abstract all in one (and possibly, a little Dali in there also). It is food for the senses and the mind. Needless to say, Mongo loves it and applauded its creator.

in relation to the pants and other points raised, perhaps these could be tidied up but would make no difference to its impact ; particularly its initial impact before viewers start examining every pixel. Mongo thinks an image like this is about the idea and not so much how it is executed. Its execution while not flawless, was pretty darn good in any event

In relation to the background, Mongo played with red, gold (from her pants) and dark charcoal but the original still seems best.

Thank you Paco for feeding Mongo’s starved imagination with something positively creative.

To have a reaction is the ultimate effect. So far, mission accomplished. Thanks to Mongo!

Thank you for showing us the interesting work you make!
First, I also think a dark red tone backdrop would suit the first image, I would try a heavy velvet theatre curtain,,, 

Quite a style change here,,, definitely worth more work to have fun with pin point lights like that ;) Nice one!

New image as "to be continued..." :)

I think the first one is a very powerful composition. It is a story of power and passion but also suggests space. It makes you think: is this a dancer or a matador. or both. It peaks my interest in learning more about the show. The second one is too tight but I can understand why you did it (distraction of the less-than-perfect fit). Ironing the crease may helpm as Airy said.

I wonder how a black background and a combination of spotlight and silhouette would work out. My initial thought is that it would have made the story even more powerful. But as you said, you had to work through the difficulties of the environment.

The show points to transformation; becoming something different so a duality in identification means we are in a good track.
  There is some black background and a whole section of the photo-shoot was used to pursue shadows.  How do you guys know? :o

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 12:38:23 »
I´m planning on adding up to 5-6 more images to show the extend of the project as they come out of the pipeline. To start and keeping on the little lights a couple of strong symbols came out.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 13:00:57 »
Very Nice! I like that new kinky style :) Very good use of colour and bright point light and how it lends with the overall lighting and shadows!

Outstanding.
Erik Lund

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 18:07:57 »
Love the Embryo!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

charlie

• NG Supporter
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2016, 06:51:43 »
I mentioned something about more dynamic lighting earlier, this last one certainly surpassed my thoughts on the matter.  You've elevated this series to a new level, a much more interesting and mysterious level.