Author Topic: Leica M/Leica SL 47.5 MP Rumor  (Read 8564 times)

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: Leica M/Leica SL 47.5 MP Rumor
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 21:46:16 »
So true!

Btw. 36 Mpx will be just fine,,, Thanks
Erik Lund

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 15:21:02 »
Looking a little more into this it's most likely a new Leica M10 with the Sensor from the Leica SL,,, So this will bring high ISO capability and better dynamic range/ISO 50 to the M line along with larger rear display finally,,,
Erik Lund

Roland Vink

• NG Member
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 20:32:42 »
Aha, the film rewind crank has mutated to an ISO wheel. Nice!
I'd love to see a digital camera with a film advance crank :o :o except that the lever is used to recharge the battery - could shoot forever ...

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 21:10:39 »
I like the idea of the charging crank.  It would provide a small amount of exercise for the camera owner.
The next step would be to attach a motorized drill or screwdriver (or Dremel?...no, too fast) to the 'charging crank'.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: Leica M10
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 21:13:39 »
The M10 is here :)
Smaller lighter body, new 24MP sensor, new improved sensor, live view but no video, larger range finder type view finder, ISO dial, overall a very nice camera!

Not far from the Nikon Df concept,,, except the materials and the price,,,

https://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-M/0815

Early hands on review:

Jonathan Slack:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-news/2017/01/leica-m10-review/?utm_source=170118en&utm_medium=E-Mail

http://www.artphotoacademy.com/leica-m10-preview/
Erik Lund

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 00:21:24 »
I'd love to see a digital camera with a film advance crank :o :o except that the lever is used to recharge the battery - could shoot forever ...

an epson digital rangefinder camera had one. i liked it a lot :o :o :o
in fact, it slows you down more and helps you think about your shot.

36MP would also make sense since with such a setup since you do not really shoot a lot of pictures in bursts in this shooting style. storage is a problem for me.

off topic: too expensive for me at almost a million yen for pre-orders. I'd rather use that money as downpayment for a house in Kawasaki ::)

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Leica M10
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 01:13:22 »
The M10 is here :)

The new finder is of particular interest to those like me who have to shoot with glasses on.  When I checked, the previous finder enabled seeing the framing lines only a little past 50mm. That they shrunk the body size to match an M4 is also a very nice development.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 02:12:09 »
M10 looks like the very first digital Leica that makes me want it, and yet another one way out of my reach.    :'(
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 03:36:12 »
Roland, not an entirely silly suggestion at all.  If the crank wound up a spring that in turn powered a small generator...................

Actually there is a kind of precedence here in Australia where the first outback emergency radios were powered by pedal generators.  Not so good if the operator was the person that was sick and needing assistance!  :-[

Hugh Gunn

MFloyd

• NG Member
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 08:20:47 »
This is the first Leica which draws my attention since I bought a new M6, more than twenty years ago. Leica is going back to the original form factor, which was, and still is, my main attraction point.  However, this comes at a cost of about €6'500 (a premium on the price of my, so much more capable, Nikon D5). Not sure that I want to make the investment, especially that I realised over the years, that I am, in fact, not a genuine Leica shooter. In other words: I like the philosophy, but I am not able to adhere to it.

This said, I like very much the ISO dial in replacement of the rewind knob.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 09:23:11 »
Yup, looks a very nice Leica but I can not use strictly MF.  I am shooting two events Saturday and Sunday.  I could shoot one with only MF but not the two part event Saturday morning/Sunday afternoon.  I will be using Df and a7rII.   I just sold about $4,000 of gear but other things to spend it on.  I do have some Leica M and V/M lenses.... if I had loads of money...  ;) .  Maybe an X100F and just pretend it is a Leica  ;)
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

JohnBrew

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 22:22:09 »
M10 is what the successor to the M9 should have been. Shame on Leica for saddling the M gestalt with a video. I would be interested but I have sold all my Leica gear and I'm not going back. Leica management's response to the S lenses debacle hardened my resolve. I, personally, have never had a problem with any Leica, three film M's, all the digital M's and the S006 and I liked everyone except the M-P240. I wish them luck but they will never get another dollar from me.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 06:44:05 »
UPDATE:  Feb 20th:
Examined an M10 at Los Angeles Leica Store.  Finder appears to have improved viewing contrast, but offers no apparent improvement in eyepoint or other factors affecting my ability(with glasses on) to see wider than the 50mm frame lines.  The new faster FPS cycling rate is very nice.  My friend's test shots show a very large improvement in high ISO s/n ratio over the compared M9.

MFloyd

• NG Member
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 11:02:43 »
Yesterday, I was invited to a Leica presentation.  Got finally the M10 in my hands: same feeling as my M6 but a lot heavier; the latter is not a problem for me. I had also the opportunity to take some pictures with the 50mm f/0.95: waw ! Never saw such a beautiful bokeh !
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν