Author Topic: Architecture & Buildings  (Read 10680 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Architecture & Buildings
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 19:00:58 »
Dug out an old but interesting thread to post this.  :)
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

fentriss

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 20:10:12 »
Something which was formed during 2017-2019. Named as "Bavarian Tower". For me, "modern" architecture looks always strange and ugly. oh well. Tha is not my world, "cup of tea". (taken with d850+PC19 in march 2019)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 20:58:10 »
Something which was formed during 2017-2019. Named as "Bavarian Tower". For me, "modern" architecture looks always strange and ugly. oh well. Tha is not my world, "cup of tea". (taken with d850+PC19 in march 2019)

Richard, if you find this building "strange and ugly", you should find difficulty in finding suitable words to describe the buildings currently under construction in Tokyo.  :(

Googling images with the key words "Bayerischer Turm" doesn't show the building.  Where is it in Munich?

fentriss

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 21:33:02 »
Richard, if you find this building "strange and ugly", you should find difficulty in finding suitable words to describe the buildings currently under construction in Tokyo.  :(

Googling images with the key words "Bayerischer Turm" doesn't show the building.  Where is it in Munich?

Hello Akira. Now i know, the name have been changed. It is now known as  "Bogenhausener Tor" -"Blue Tower". Sorry, it was my fault. The building is near to the fasttrack Munich-Berlin. end of Prinzregentenstreet - and Einsteinstreet. The end/beginning of munich. Position would be. 32U 695116, 5334888 - (lat/lon 48.13736, 11.62273) bye bye, richard

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 21:55:46 »
Hello Akira. Now i know, the name have been changed. It is now known as  "Bogenhausener Tor" -"Blue Tower". Sorry, it was my fault. The building is near to the fasttrack Munich-Berlin. end of Prinzregentenstreet - and Einsteinstreet. The end/beginning of munich. Position would be. 32U 695116, 5334888 - (lat/lon 48.13736, 11.62273) bye bye, richard

Richard, thank you for the clarification.  If I remember correctly, there is a jazz club called Unterfahrt around in that area.

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 05:15:49 »
Interesting, camera and lens are a very strong combination in terms of IQ
If you isolate parts of the building there is an nice pattern too

Akira if there is a Jazz club in this area, that’s a good reason to remember the place
Thank you!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 05:46:27 »
Akira if there is a Jazz club in this area, that’s a good reason to remember the place
Thank you!

Hi, Nasos, while I was living in Munich, I used to go to Unterfahrt fairly often.  I saw Mal Waldron performing solo piano there.

fentriss

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 17:52:18 »
The final situation at the former Rodenstock area. Foto was taken in april 2019. The small little stream is near identical to the location where the large pipes have been lying around during the construction time. bye bye,richard

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 22:04:32 »
Last post from 2019? High time to revive this thread!

Today I shot these two images of the newly constructed head office of AFAS Software. Obviously there's money in selling software :)
The installation art in front of the building is called "You are the World" and is made by Lorenzo Quinn (a son of the famous actor Anthony Quinn).

Olympus E-M10II + Olympus 12-40mm f2.8

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2021, 01:14:55 »
Luc, these are amazing representations of an amazing facility.  Beautiful rendition, as always.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2021, 10:16:06 »
Thanks a lot Akira, much appreciated. Since a year or so I have more spare time as I work parttime (24h a week) in preparation for early retirement.
Due to COVID the possibilities are of course limited so I have focused on shooting local themes (historic, urban, architecture).
My aim is to have enough interesting images to make some theme based picture books on Amersfoort and surroundings. Thanks again for watching and commenting.

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2021, 11:33:14 »

How could I miss this thread ? :o

Thank, Luc !
Great framing and colours. ;)
Francis Devrainne

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2021, 12:14:17 »
Château de Martainville, (Normandie)

Near Rouen, France.

I had to compress this pic  at around 1200 pixels to avoid a heavy moiré (on the brickwork). Very annoying issue.
Francis Devrainne

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2021, 14:27:00 »

Today I shot these two images of the newly constructed head office of AFAS Software. Obviously there's money in selling software :)
The installation art in front of the building is called "You are the World" and is made by Lorenzo Quinn (a son of the famous actor Anthony Quinn).

Olympus E-M10II + Olympus 12-40mm f2.8

Impressive shots, Luc. Great light too.  That lens is pretty good and distortion free, not?

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2021, 23:25:02 »
Château de Martainville, (Normandie)

Near Rouen, France.

I had to compress this pic  at around 1200 pixels to avoid a heavy moiré (on the brickwork). Very annoying issue.
Beautiful.