Author Topic: DIY Sensor Cleaning.  (Read 6099 times)

Steven Paulsen

• NG Supporter
  • Cumpulsive Tinkerer
Re: DIY Sensor Cleaning.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 02:19:04 »
I've found that it's best (for me) to go outdoors, less chance of random house dust & the light is better. A small illuminated magnifying glass helps tremendously. The ones one suited for coins or stamps have the perfect distance for sensor dust.

Kudos for your effort. There was some kind of barrier within I, till I decided, the worst I could do is screw it up.

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Re: DIY Sensor Cleaning.
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 10:36:03 »
There is a additional use of the VSGO sensor cleaning kit. It will sit idle for a while after a successful sensor clean, so I put it to a alternative use.
I have used it on my lenses front and rear elements. A good blow from the air blower first, followed by One drip from the bottle on the front glass element,
then smear the solution around the element with the spatula, and a wipe dry using a absorbing lens paper wipe, this will leave the glass very clean.
For the rear lens element put a couple of drops of solution on the spatula, then carry out the previous steps.
I used one spatula on five lens, and felt comfortable with this.
As a last job after the element cleaning was done to the five lenses, I chose to extract the most from a spatula, I also gave the front and rear plastic protection caps a good blow internal/external faces, and then removed any stubborn remnants with the wet spatula before discarding. 
John Gallagher