Author Topic: currently 565 members with ZERO posts  (Read 12489 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
currently 565 members with ZERO posts
« on: September 13, 2016, 00:11:32 »
Hey you, who are you????
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: currently 565 members with ZERO posts
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 00:33:57 »
.. the silent majority ??

These proportions are not at all unusual for a web community, Frank.

However, 818 non-paying out of 942 members is not what the admins had hoped for. We manage to scrape by, so a crisis is avoided, but in a longer perspective, the situation might be untenable.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
Re: currently 565 members win ZERO posts
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 00:37:41 »
Maybe i should dyawn them  :D

Netr

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 00:38:52 »
G'day.  Can't remember if I've posted or not, but I don't think so.  I mainly read and get inspiration from the comments of others for equipment or photographic subjects that interest me.  I really appreciate the time that the more experienced members donate to this forum. 

I am from New Zealand and am retired, finding that I have a lot less time now to do photography than I thought I would.  My interest in photography dates back to the late 1970s and an F2 (which I no longer have).  I presently have a D800 I bought second hand in the hopes I would grow into it, and am slowly building up a collection of suitable lenses.

FredCrowBear

• NG Supporter
  • Frederick V. Ramsey
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 03:23:06 »
I would offer that my paid membership is one of the greatest values I know of - I get a lot for a very reasonable price. 
I don't post much, but I enjoy the insights everyone else brings.  I am proud to be a member of this community.
Frederick V. Ramsey

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 09:34:39 »
G'day.  Can't remember if I've posted or not, but I don't think so.  I mainly read and get inspiration from the comments of others for equipment or photographic subjects that interest me.  I really appreciate the time that the more experienced members donate to this forum. 

I am from New Zealand and am retired, finding that I have a lot less time now to do photography than I thought I would.  My interest in photography dates back to the late 1970s and an F2 (which I no longer have).  I presently have a D800 I bought second hand in the hopes I would grow into it, and am slowly building up a collection of suitable lenses.

Thank you, Netr! Your post count is at 6, which is well above ZERO.

Funny fact: There are even 14 supporters (people who subscribe for 20 Euros per year) with ZERO post count. I wonder who these are?

Hey, guys & gals, we like to get to know you and share our shots & thoughts with you!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 09:57:55 »
Just  a background information: Being an NG Supporter literally means one  subscribes to support the site, there aren't any hidden strings or obligations attached. Thus zero posts are not a drawback - not everyone is comfortable posting or sharing pictures.

The forum software does have an option to remove inactive members. It will not be exercised.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 10:55:31 »
we just reached a funny post count:

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 11:17:49 »
Anyone inclined to conspiracy theories well see "something is afoot" here ...  I for one just note NG is a healthy community with a lot of activity.

Frank, how long did you have to wait for the "funny" numbers to come up?

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 11:21:29 »
we just reached a funny post count:

So I go into Taco Bell and place an order. The tab is $6.66. I exclaimed in mock horror. The lady waiting on me after being assured I was was a joking told me some people who frequent this Taco Bell actually order something addition so the total is not "666". :)

Dave

I used to think that Bill Gates was... hehehe
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 11:52:06 »
So if only 1 member per year tours with me - I will have work for the next 942 years. That sound incredible and I must be the busiest tour guide in the world. So you see- I am special  :P

Frank - every forum has plenty members or subscribers who simply visit a few times and get occupied elsewhere. This forum is lucky - one of the others I frequent has something like 20 000 members - it's a free site - and most days there isn't a single post. I must add it wasn't like that before - it was probably one of the busiest sites in the world at one point - but life happens and things change. And then there was Facebook...

"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 12:11:16 »
Frank, how long did you have to wait for the "funny" numbers to come up?

In the morning we had 57 at the end so I logged in two hours later to find 65.

I waited two minutes then.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 12:13:31 »
Elsa. I deleted myself from Facebook long ago and never want to go back.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 12:23:54 »
I would rather see few posts - with a higher quality level of the content
Erik Lund

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 12:37:46 »
I would rather see few posts - with a higher quality level of the content

Compared to other forums I see a generally very high quality level of the posts here.

Of course we have you gear heads who really make a difference in testing and mending equipment.

But currently I also see a lot of very good photographers posting a lot of very good photos