Author Topic: Nikon AIS 55mm 1:2.8 micro, like new in box  (Read 1927 times)

Roland Vink

• NG Member
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
Nikon AIS 55mm 1:2.8 micro, like new in box
« on: July 09, 2016, 06:58:55 »
Following a discussion about this lens a while ago, I decided to buy one. Years ago this was one of my most used lenses, doubling as a handy standard and close-up lens, but focusing has become very heavy and oil on the aperture blades caused the diaphragm to seize up, in spite of having it serviced. In my enthusiasm I ended up buying two replacements on ebay, I only need one :)

The lens on offer is very new, bought by the original owner only a year ago. Serial number 809968. Cosmetically there are a couple of tiny scratches on the upper focus ring and another on the upper barrel but they are hard to spot. Otherwise it looks new. Focusing is beautifully smooth, the glass is perfect, not a spot of oil on the aperture blades. It comes with the original box, instructions and caps, all in perfect shape.

Asking $225 $200 USD. I estimate shipping will be about $20 worldwide but the exact cost will depend on the weight of the package. Happy to declare it as a gift it that helps. Payment by paypal. Just PP me with your email address and I'll send an invoice. Thanks!