Author Topic: Roaming in Rome  (Read 1496 times)

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Roaming in Rome
« on: July 03, 2016, 14:43:43 »
Hi
    Recently I had a short notice offer to accompany a drive from the UK to Rome, I was left eight hours to pack and prepare to go and intercept the vehicle.
    The images are from a evening Roam in Rome in the Via Salaria area. A wonderful place for the photographer, lots of light available in the evening, and the light at the Colosseum in the     
    morning was very usable at 6.00 am. A good venue to meet like minded individuals with their cameras.
    The Trip was intense, leaving Cambridgeshire in the UK at 6.00hrs on a Thursday, we had first light at Mount Blanc on Friday at 5.00hrs and stopped for approximately a hour to stretch out and
    I took a few images. We arrived in Rome shortly after lunch time about 14.00hrs. Left Rome on Saturday at 12.00hrs, traveled a different route back via Switzerland WOW!, also saved about   
    150 euro's on toll fees, rested near Basel, and was on a ferry from Calais back to the UK at 0.950hrs. 600 images taken and a very enjoyable experience making for a great memory.     
John Gallagher