Author Topic: homecoming  (Read 1475 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
homecoming
« on: June 15, 2016, 22:49:08 »
with Df + Zeiss 25/2
Airy Magnien

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: homecoming
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:22:09 »
#2599 (the second one) contains the elements of mystery that I like. I think I'm looking at a pool of water through stems/branches, but ???
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 08:27:46 »
You got it, and doubted correctly. It is an iron fence, enclosing the "jardin des géants" public garden in Lille. If the commuting trips do not kill me, I'll owe it to this garden.
Airy Magnien

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:41:39 »
I like that second image. The first one is a bit 'busy' with the bokeh or are the background-colors too pronounced?

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 11:06:35 »
Indeed, it was a bokeh test - the background is lighter and brighter than the subject. Intermediate aperture (f/5.6 IIRC). The blur circle diameter is rather small and, with the pronounced colors, I though (at review time) of parallels with some late impressionist painters. On the other hand the bokeh is not too bad : iris shape is nearly circular, no outlining (unlike the leaves in the foreground ;) ), no onion ringing. That does not guarantee the artistic result, but at least it does not stand in the way.

From the second pic (shot wide open), it appears that there is some blueish haloing on bright parts (see the top), but no pronounced LoCA, so it's a "pass".
Airy Magnien