Author Topic: Supporter - Membership of NikonGear  (Read 2942 times)

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
Re: Supporter - Membership of NikonGear
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 10:36:18 »
Fons, the transfer has been properly cleared and the automated script has extended your subscription :)

With our forum software only PayPal offers an automated subscription capability which works 99% of the time. So it requires very little intervention from our side which is a good thing as non of us are getting payed to manage the NG forum.
Cheers,
Jan Anne Offereins

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
    • Akira on flickr
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 17:09:08 »
Now Fons' name has been back to orange for a while, but I noticed the status of Armando (armando_m) is "NG member" and his name is displayed in brown just like Fons'.

Does the brown color mean his/her payment via PayPal is on hold?

When I forgot to renew my NG subscription, my status was displayed as "newbie" instead of "NG member".  I don't remember the color of my displayed name, though.

Are there any means for these?  I'm just curious...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

Andrea B.

• NG Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 18:28:08 »
Initially lapsed subscriptions became "Newbie". I think at some point we tried to have lapsed subscriptions become "NG Member". The subscription software is not particularly easy to fix, so I'm not sure it always works. If anyone ever becomes a "Newbie", then just let us know and we can manually reset the designation.
Desaparecida

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
    • Akira on flickr
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2017, 01:15:36 »
Andrea, thinks for the explanation.  Personally I don't mind if my status is indicated as "newbie", as I feel I'm always newbie in different ways.  As I said, I was jus curious.  The change of status indication works good as the reminder of the expired subscription.  :)
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius