Author Topic: Scotland - lost and found at the lodges  (Read 11638 times)

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
Scotland - lost and found at the lodges
« on: May 17, 2016, 14:38:53 »
I was out at the lodges today for a brief post mortem, and I passed on the slight disappointment felt about the poor level of wifi and the standard of cooking at The Bistro.

They gave me two items which had been found by the cleaners - a dark blue 3-button sweater or jumper, prob. cashmere, brand "Red Herring"; and a Nikon EN-EL-3e battery, pale grey in colour.

If the owners of these items would like to PM me with a postal address, I will post them to anywhere in the known universe.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: Scotland - lost and found at the lodges
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 15:09:20 »
David, don't feel bad about the cooking or wifi, it wasn't your fault!
I still have the dark blue rain jacket that Simone found, so please inform me and I will post it to you.
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 15:46:25 »
We did not have warm water for a week in the middle hut

The stove in the upper hut was 3/4 defunct. We had no WiFi.

But. All in all we did not care. Our shower was halfways working
the diswasher washed dishes and Bob was our uncle.

After all accomodation was very cheap and the place was wonderful
by the Loch. You and Mayumi did everything and more to make us
happy. Thank you. Wonderful.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 19:17:26 »
It is funny how ridiculously important fast Internet service has become in our world now, isn't it? But we all can survive a bit of slow internet. "-)

The wonderful people and the excursions and the photo opportunities and the touring around were the important and best factors in this meet-up. So Dave thank you again for all your efforts in making this a simply stellar NG Meet-up.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 20:01:37 »
I lost my heart to Scotland .... A pity I had to break off my stay for medical reasons, but I'll be back for sure.

Massive thanks to Dave for pulling this event through so successfully. Also most enjoyable to meet old and new friends in another NG context. PhotoKina next, guys.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 20:54:07 »
PhotoKina next, guys.

Certainly working on that!
No cheapo but all inclusive certainly...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 21:42:42 »
I lost a glove when I left on the Wednesday. (Montane brand)
It had been found by Frank and Bez had agreed to take it to Manchester, but when he went to pick it up on the day of the departure, the lost property had been removed from the table.
Dave has not taken it, is anybody (especially those who were staying in the middle lodge) able to help me find it?
Thanks in advance.
Simone Tomasi

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 22:56:25 »
When I left with Francis at 7:40 on Saturday morning the glove was still on the table together with the lost property, French wine and Liquor and the rain coat

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 23:26:05 »
When I left with Francis at 7:40 on Saturday morning the glove was still on the table again together with the lost property, French wine and Liquor and the rain coat

Thanks Frank, we now know that at least until 7:40 the glove and all the rest of the stuff was still on the table.
Does anybody who stood by the table after Frank's and Francis' departure has anything to add?
Simone Tomasi

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 00:04:15 »
I only noticed the rain coat and gave that to Jakov. Somehow I see a vague memory of a glove, but I don't know what happened to it.

Andrea was the last to leave the middle cottage. And there were also Thomas, Anthony and Günther around. One of the four must have seen the glove.
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 00:54:39 »
I'm rather amazed that no-one realises that they have lost a cashmere sweater and/or a genuine Nikon battery (see the first post in this thread).

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 03:09:07 »
When I picked up the garbage bags at the two lower cottages to load into Erik's van for disposal near reception, the lost & found on the porch had already been dealt with by someone. I did see some things on the table much earlier that morning.

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 09:48:50 »
When I picked up the garbage bags at the two lower cottages to load into Erik's van for disposal near reception, the lost & found on the porch had already been dealt with by someone. I did see some things on the table much earlier that morning.

Well then at some point between 7:40 when Frank and Francis left, and the time when Andrea/Bez noted that the lost&found had disappeared (whichever happened first), somebody must have taken it and moved it to somewhere.
Can the person who moved it please come forward and tell what happened?
This is becoming like Cluedo... I feel compelled to find the solution.
Simone Tomasi

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 09:59:41 »
Well then at some point between 7:40 when Frank and Francis left, and the time when Andrea/Bez noted that the lost&found had disappeared (whichever happened first), somebody must have taken it and moved it to somewhere.
Can the person who moved it please come forward and tell what happened?
This is becoming like Cluedo... I feel compelled to find the solution.

Unless I mix up stuff, Bez left much earlier than me. He left next after Frank and Francis. I don't know what happened to the glove between these two events. Maybe it was still there and Bez did not see it? What about Chris?
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 11:32:17 »
I "only" took some gear with me on the way back home. :)
Chris Dees