Author Topic: A Nikon "Museum Collection" for sale at eBay  (Read 2293 times)

Andy

• NG Member
A Nikon "Museum Collection" for sale at eBay
« on: April 01, 2016, 23:25:00 »
75+ cameras
60k USD or your offer ....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301913998860?rmvSB=true

rgds,
Andy

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: A Nikon "Museum Collection" for sale at eBay
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 02:06:20 »
Why am I not a millionaire...
I would love to try out the 5cm 1:1.1  8)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 02:26:00 »
A bit stiff price for a Nikkor 5 cm f/1.1  ... you can get them for nearly 1/10 for the total price asked here. Need to add the cost of a mirrorless camera + adapter, or a Nikon Rangefinder camera, though.

bjornthun

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 02:55:02 »
For rangefinder wide angle lenses on the Sony A7, Kolari in the US offers a special thin filter pack replacement, to make the camera more compatible with rangefinder wide angles. See this link: http://kolarivision.com/product/sony-a7-series-thin-filter-legacy-lens-upgrade/

Nikon S mount as well as Voigtländer and Leica L39 and M mount wide angles will benefit from this modification, which is done much the same way as UV/IR mods of cameras.

Native E mount wide angles are retrofocal lenses with a short back focal distance and thus will not produce smearing or astigmatism in the image corners with Sony's stock sensor filter. Leica M wide angles and old Rangefinder wides are not computed with a thick sensor cover in mind and will in combination with the stock sensor cover produce unwanted astigmatism and smearing. Astigmatism and smearing can't be digitally corrected.

The new Zeiss Batis Distagon 25/2 and Zeiss Loxia Distagon 21/2.8 are examples of weakly retrofocal lenses with short back focal distance that are computed with Sony's thick sensor filter in mind, and these produce excellent imagery into the extreme full frame corners. Traditional Leica M wides are not and need a sensor cover mod.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 08:59:15 »
It needs 10 Minutes to scoll through the long list of flea market items and find some rare things too.

There is a 2.8/8mm Fisheye for example, no idea what this is worth, the 1.1/50 and some rangefinders that could be worth something.

Is someone here able or willing to find the gems in this "collection"?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 09:21:34 »
A very long list with nice things. 

I think Roland can adjust his website with this early version of the AF 80/2.8  ;)