As I am a new member and have no experience/knowledge what a come-together is like, let me touch some points (refering to the 2017 event)
1. What is the main purpose of the event. Just photography or photography and other things
2. What will be the size of the group (approximately)
3. How will the group go to the intended places for photography.
4. what will be photographed? flowers, birds, animal, landscape, people.
5. Is the group to go aroung as one body or different members will go to different places.
Could you, please, give me some idea, so I can propose some ways of action.
Let me tell you about my last trip. It was organized by the Greek Ornithology Society (member of Birdlife International). 45 people in the group. Some photographers (one professional) and mostly birdwatchers. When we disembarked, a bus was waiting for us. We did not go to the hotel until the end of the day's planned activities. We headed straight to the entrance of the Samaria gorge. We split in 2 groups (with 2 guides) due to different physical condition of the people, and we went up 2 different mountain paths. Some people, very few,just went for coffee. We reunited at the time agreed and went for lunch. All 3 days we spent there the group was moving in one body with the bus, with the help of a couple of local guides. I run out of space. I will come back later tonight. The trip with the boat is recommeded. Sea birds under the boat's lights.