Author Topic: Yahoo is For Sale  (Read 11330 times)

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
Re: Yahoo is For Sale
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 22:00:58 »
There is no word on any changes at Flickr yet.  Things over there definitely improved after Marissa Mayer came in.

...but unfortunately they got much worse over a period of many months before they finally improved. I feel Flickr is defiantly better now.

I'm lead to believe the security breaches were through a backdoor mandated by the US "Patriot Act" placed in many US sites for US NSA (National Security Administration).

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Ron Scubadiver

• NG Member
  • Renegade Street Photographer
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 02:02:35 »
My definition of things getting better is Flickr abandoned its attack on what it imagined to be voyeurism.  Lots of accounts got deleted for taking photos of strangers unless those strangers were homeless people.  My main fear is Flickr could go back to prohibiting publication of photos which do not appear to have the permission of the subject.  Some other internet photo sites operate this way, effectively banning street photography.

I stay on Flickr because of traffic, and do I get a ton of it.  The forums don't do anything for me.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 05:02:00 »
The people and exchange of ideas was my reason for sighing up back in 2006 when "The Majestic Green One" returned to PHOTO.net hell bent on destroying his creation.

Dave Hartman
I came late to the digital party, and missed this "Majestic Green One" controversy that you speak of.  Care to give a capsule synopsis?  It would be 'Flickr relevant', although historical in nature.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA