Author Topic: Scotland Event - The Information  (Read 29816 times)

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
Re: Scotland Event - The Information
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2016, 01:03:19 »
Yes, I also think as you do, but since they offered a discount I simply thought I should pass it on. Uncommitted is best.

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2016, 16:11:55 »
David, you have done such a wonderful job of arranging everything for our Nikongear Meetup !!!!

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2016, 17:01:09 »
David, you have done such a wonderful job of arranging everything for our Nikongear Meetup !!!!

Nice of you to say, Andrea, but let's not tempt Fate - we're not quite there yet. Fingers crossed.   ;D

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2016, 18:37:55 »
Today my car hit the sharp end of a pickup truck and lost - I hope it will be fixed in time for the trip.
By the way it was not my fault:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ootypjvncvmhvs4/20160425_081855_EF.mp4?dl=0

(Gee that was tense, especially when I had to swerve again to avoid the second incoming car)
Simone Tomasi

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2016, 19:26:42 »
Today my car hit the sharp end of a pickup truck and lost - I hope it will be fixed in time for the trip.

Tense moment, as you say, but we don't really see when/where you contacted the pickup. Which was being driven the way pickups are, all over the world - as if they are the only vehicles on the road.

(All members of NG, their friends, family, workmates and casual acquaintances are, of course, not included in the previous statement.)

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2016, 19:43:15 »
I hope it will be fixed in time for the trip.

Simone, just in case : I am on my own in my car from Winchester...So, don't hesitate to ask if you need !  ;)
Francis Devrainne

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2016, 21:10:59 »
Tense moment, as you say, but we don't really see when/where you contacted the pickup. Which was being driven the way pickups are, all over the world - as if they are the only vehicles on the road.

(All members of NG, their friends, family, workmates and casual acquaintances are, of course, not included in the previous statement.)

The definition in the streamed version seems to be lower. There was a contact between the passenger tyre/wheel with the big metal rod at the pickup's tailgate. It exploded the tyre and looking carefully one can see a puff of what looks like dust coming out of the tyre. Overall it was a very slight contact, a few cm wider and I would have avoided it - except I had another car coming at me!

Simone, just in case : I am on my own in my car from Winchester...So, don't hesitate to ask if you need !  ;)

Thanks for the offer, I sincerely hope that this will be solved by then. The other driver has already accepted full liability so there should be no holdups.
By the way, you will have a heck of a long drive! I thought you were living much further to the North. Are you going to drive non-stop? It must take around 9 hours from there.
Simone Tomasi

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2016, 23:12:30 »
Actually, I planned to live on friday early morning and halt somewhere for the night (around Carlisle).

I will get a small tent with me.

If it's raining, I have equipment to sleep in my car which is spacious enough to lie without being folded ... :D
Francis Devrainne

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2016, 17:00:43 »
Scotland is 240Volts and these funny large three leg type sockets,,, Just so you remember,,,  :o 8)
Erik Lund

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2016, 09:21:50 »
Scotland is 240Volts and these funny large three leg type sockets,,, Just so you remember,,,  :o 8)
Thanks for the reminder, almost forgot to bring those kind of adapters ::)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2016, 22:36:57 »
Dave, which place do you recommend in Killin for a hearty early Saturday morning breakfast, to keep a hiker going up Tarmachan Ridge?
Simone Tomasi

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2016, 23:14:45 »
Dave, which place do you recommend in Killin for a hearty early Saturday morning breakfast, to keep a hiker going up Tarmachan Ridge?

do you know - I have absolutely no idea, and it will depend on what you mean by early. I'll do a little research on this and come back to you. My guess is that cafes and restaurants (there's not many of those) will not be open until mid-morning. Your best bet will likely be one of the hotels.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2016, 11:46:38 »

Why not buy ingredients and prepare breakfast in our Lodge kitchen?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2016, 14:27:29 »
Why not buy ingredients and prepare breakfast in our Lodge kitchen?
This is for the morning before we check in.
I am arriving a day early and will be wild camping one night at the head of the loch.
Simone Tomasi

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2016, 12:37:10 »
Dave, is there a list of participants' mobile phone numbers? 
Anthony Macaulay