Author Topic: Voigtländer 125 mm f/2.5 APO-Lanthar 'G' CPU for sale (SOLD)  (Read 3402 times)

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
As of yesterday, I am the owner of three samples of the famous Voigtländer 125 mm f/2.5 APO-Lanthar lens in Nikon F mount.

That is simply one too many, and I have decided to sell one of them. I offer it here on NG first, to give our members the opportunity of laying hands on a very much sought-after lens.

The lens up for sale has been converted into 'F' mount, has a built-in CPU to allow it to communicate with all modern Nikons,  and transparently operates as any 'G'-type Nikkor. You dial in the aperture from the camera side. That's it. The EXIF will report the correct focal length of 125 mm and the selected aperture value. The lens has seen little use and has a long service life ahead of it. Aperture blades and optics are clean, and focusing is even smoother than on the ordinary APO-Lanthar. I would rate it 8.5/10 or better in external appearance, 9.5/10 for the internals.

Asking price is NOK 14.500,- plus shipping word wide. If I can hand over the lens at an NG Event, price is a little lower (NOK 14.000,-) as I then am saved from tedious paperwork and customs clearance.

I accept payment in NOK via bank transfer, or in USD to my PayPal account if the PayPal fee is covered. PM me for discussion on payment details.

(1) Here are the triplet of APO-Lanthar 125, the lens for sale is the middle one.

(2) Lens comes in box with factory hood, and all caps incl. the square one for the lens hood.

(3) Showing the CPU arrangement.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Voigtländer 125 mm f/2.5 APO-Lanthar 'G' CPU for sale (SOLD)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 22:40:30 »
This lens is now sold.

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 20:22:46 »
Ai. Never looked here and then I see a lens that is no. 1 on my to-buy list.
Peter

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 20:32:05 »
Sorry about that ...

The APO 125 was sold within a few hours' time. Obviously a much sought-after item. The 'new' APO (right-most lens on the first photo)  is now CPU-modified (thanks, Erik) and has taken over the role as my main work horse for close-up and landscapes. I'm retiring my first sample that now is pretty worn and keep it just as a backup.

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 20:40:34 »
Sorry about that ...

The APO 125 was sold within a few hours' time. Obviously a much sought-after item. The 'new' APO (right-most lens on the first photo)  is now CPU-modified (thanks, Erik) and has taken over the role as my main work horse for close-up and landscapes. I'm retiring my first sample that now is pretty worn and keep it just as a backup.

Use it in good health for many years to come!
Peter

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 21:04:48 »
It is very comforting to have Erik as a close friend and being able to do the maintenance whenever required. These lenses are not as sturdy as most people believe based on the external appearance.