Author Topic: Scotland event - THE FINAL RECKONING  (Read 9024 times)

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
Scotland event - THE FINAL RECKONING
« on: February 04, 2016, 15:45:03 »
Sadly, we have had one cancellation and the only person currently on the waiting list is most probably no longer available. So we are down to 18 - that's 17 members in the lodges, plus me. 

Some participants have already paid in full*, some have not. I would be grateful if those who still have to complete the financial side would pm me to let me know how committed they still are to the event. The reason for this is that if we fall much below 18 members in the lodges, the cost per person inevitably goes up since the rent per lodge is fixed. And if numbers fell significantly, we might need only two lodges, not three. But this change in our booking would have to be made very soon.

I'm not suggesting that anyone is being slow to pay - there is plenty of time - the due date is 12 March - but I would be very grateful if members don't leave it until the last minute - I don't think I could stand the stress.  :-[ ::)

*Some have paid a total of £90 and some the correct amount (based on 18 sharing 3 lodges) of £100. The mistake was mine - at first I based the calculation on 20 sharing; this was never possible. We will sort this out when we are all assembled at the lodges.

Though Scotland has been suffering some exceptionally bad weather recently, the long-range forecast (I think they examine the entrails of a chicken; or maybe it's tea-leaves) is good. The historical average daytime temperature for the week beginning 7 May, is 20-22 degC (68-72degF).

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
Re: Scotland event - the position at 4 Feb 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 16:36:16 »
What are the Scotland DATES again?? Thank you. I need to sort out a lot of dates and then I will confirm.

ADDED:  I will be making my wire transfer on Monday. Today we have a small snowstorm and temporary power outage. The guy I need to see at the bank won't be there on Saturday. So Monday it is.  ;D

For those like me who have lost track of dates and payment amount, what is the current payment amount? Last one I think I saw was £100. Is that still correct?

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 16:51:42 »
£ 100 should be the final figure - so far.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 16:52:32 »
That is so good news!!!

The thread is here:

http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,2438.0.html

Official dates are 7 May - 14 May ;)
Erik Lund

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 18:21:11 »
Hrm...silly thread this is. Making me reconsider, you are. </yoda>
Jørgen Ramskov

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 18:24:40 »
Please do.
Anthony Macaulay

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 19:58:51 »
What are the Scotland DATES again?? Thank you. I need to sort out a lot of dates and then I will confirm.

ADDED:  I will be making my wire transfer on Monday. Today we have a small snowstorm and temporary power outage. The guy I need to see at the bank won't be there on Saturday. So Monday it is.  ;D

For those like me who have lost track of dates and payment amount, what is the current payment amount? Last one I think I saw was £100. Is that still correct?

Andrea - just to be sure - the dates are 7-14 May and the cost per person (based on 18 sharing) is £100, of which you have already paid £15, leaving £85 still to pay.

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 20:04:10 »

One place available there is. However, totally fair to be - on the final decision of Bruno, wait we must. Message to him send I will, if serious you are.

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 20:16:42 »
Of course. I'm half serious. I had completely dropped it as you know. I will have to check dates and talk with the wife and such first :)
Jørgen Ramskov

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 20:28:58 »
Funny thread. We  can put in a yoda day..
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 21:04:54 »
I should have checked with the wife and such before getting my hopes up. Both weekends are already booked. It's a no go for me this time.
Jørgen Ramskov

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 21:23:05 »
I should have checked with the wife and such before getting my hopes up. Both weekends are already booked. It's a no go for me this time.

All of us checking first with wife, need to be.  (Okay, that's enough Yoda-speak for now.)

David Paterson

• NG Member
Re: Scotland event - THE FINAL RECKONING - go to the end of the thread
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 22:07:54 »
We are almost at the first significant date in our Scottish calendar - 12th March when we have to pay the money to The Lodges. We are in excellent shape, and the position now is:

9 members paid a total of £90 incl deposit (before the change in the cost per person)      £810.00
9 members paid a total of £100  "        "                                                                       £900.00

That makes £1710.00 paid, towards the total due of £1800.00 - I will make sure they receive the full amount by the 12th at the latest.

The nine members who paid £15 deposit plus £75 balance will please pay a further £10 each, and can do so by Paypalling £10 to me (paterson@wildcountry.uk.com), or by giving me ten quid in cash when we meet. Failure to pay will result in a visit from some very large kilt-wearing friends of mine.   8) 8) ;D

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 23:07:08 »
The nine members who paid £15 deposit plus £75 balance will please pay a further £10 each, and can do so by Paypalling £10 to me (paterson@wildcountry.uk.com), or by giving me ten quid in cash when we meet. Failure to pay will result in a visit from some very large kilt-wearing friends of mine.   8) 8) ;D

Great. I bring a camera stick and an action cam to watch the action below the kilts. You get the 10 quid when we meet as promised...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 23:19:02 »
I'll pay the £10,00 in Killin as well.
Chris Dees