Author Topic: Scotland: sharing a ride from Edinburgh to Killin?  (Read 14293 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Scotland: sharing a ride from Edinburgh to Killin?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 15:29:15 »
I like a more versatile machine, a Landrover or Range Rover if costs are not too high. I prefer good food & wine over cars. Cars shall be useful, food shall be tasteful, wine shall be wonderful and I will be greatful.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Danulon

• NG Supporter
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 00:13:45 »
Anthony, thanks for your enquiries!

I am just interested in getting from Edinburgh to Killin - no special requirements of transportation.
I completely trust in your recommendation!

Cheers,
Günther
Guenther Something

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 14:26:31 »
I will also likely arrive in Edinburgh in the early afternoon of Saturday 7th.
From what I see, there is one German group already, can I join them or do we rent a second car?

To go back, I would be interested to spend the night from Saturday 14th to Sunday in Edinburgh to visit the city and would be willing to share a room with one of you. Or we do it during our week, that's also fine.

Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 14:49:19 »
To go back, I would be interested to spend the night from Saturday 14th to Sunday in Edinburgh to visit the city and would be willing to share a room with one of you. Or we do it during our week, that's also fine.

Fine with me, Simone!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 15:37:03 »
super -  then we are already 3 for the Edinbourgh night

concerning the car,  I assume there will (an)other group(s) who need a car from the same place
Thomas Stellwag

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 15:42:13 »
From what I see, there is one German group already, can I join them or do we rent a second car?

Apart from the fact that Anthony is from London, Günther is from Vienna and Germany did not win the last war .... the car is --- äh --- German?

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 16:28:00 »
Apart from the fact that Anthony is from London, Günther is from Vienna and Germany did not win the last war .... the car is --- äh --- German?

Haha, I hope the car is neutral.

Maybe we can rent a van instead of several small cars? I don't know what's cheaper -- I have only ever rented small cars in my life -- but I would guess that a big single car is cheaper in every respect. Thomas's van was quite convenient when we travelled around in Southern Germany two years ago.
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 17:51:10 »
Maybe it's time to start another list - for those arriving in Edinburgh on the 7th who want to car-share. So far I have:

Frank
Danulon
Simsurace
Thomas
Erik?
Anthony

nfoto is also arriving in Edinburgh but hasn't yet said how he plans to reach Killin.

Chris is travelling from home in his own car and may be able to collect a couple of members from Edinburgh.

So far there is no-one planning to fly into Glasgow.

As I have posted elsewhere, I will be available to pick anyone who can't be squeezed into a rental vehicle.

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 20:51:22 »
I have rented a Passat Estate (or similar) and arranged carry Thomas, Frank and Danulon.  That is a full load.  My BA flight arrives at 13:05, Thomas is a bit earlier, and the other are around the same time as me.

The advantage of several vehicles is that it gives more flexibility once we are in Killin, so that everybody does not have to go to the same place at the same time.
Anthony Macaulay

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2016, 21:00:37 »
Chris is travelling from home in his own car and may be able to collect a couple of members from Edinburgh.

So far there is no-one planning to fly into Glasgow.

As I have posted elsewhere, I will be available to pick anyone who can't be squeezed into a rental vehicle.

I'm arriving on Monday 9th
Chris Dees

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2016, 23:24:13 »
I like to find a nice bed and breakfast to enjoy the night from saturday to sunday. Any recommondations?

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 12:28:19 »
I like to find a nice bed and breakfast to enjoy the night from saturday to sunday. Any recommondations?

Frank - try airbnb.com - I think you'll find something you like.

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 15:11:52 »
Regarding cars, please consider that I will have my own, a large estate, while I am there (I leave Wednesday to go home).
I will however be unable to give people a  lift from airports, as I will likely drive up Friday night and camp one night on Loch Tay to do (weather permitting) a photography hike the next morning.
Simone Tomasi

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2016, 04:12:42 »
Maybe it's time to start another list - for those arriving in Edinburgh on the 7th who want to car-share. So far I have:

Frank
Danulon
Simsurace
Thomas
Erik?
Anthony

nfoto is also arriving in Edinburgh but hasn't yet said how he plans to reach Killin.

I am travelling from Paris on AF1686 and will arrive at Edinburgh airport on the at 11am on Saturday, 7th. I intend to hire a car for the week, and am happy to share with others.

Mike.
Mike Selby - Sydney

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2016, 14:53:53 »
Frank - try airbnb.com - I think you'll find something you like.

I checked airbnb. The usually start from 3 days....  overnight is quite unusual