Author Topic: Notifications of replies to threads by eMail malfunction  (Read 3234 times)

Seapy

• NG Member
Notifications of replies to threads by eMail malfunction
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:09:00 »
I set "Scotland" thread to notify me of new posts when I first saw the thread over Christmas.  The Scotland thread is listed in my Profile> Notifications list.

There have been several (pages) of replies to the thread since I made the setting but I have not received one eMail notification regarding them.  I have received a reminder to activate my account (which I have of course dealt with) and a notification about a PM which I read, so the forum can and does have the details needed to make contact with my eMail address.

It's not a big deal but it would be nice if it worked!   ;)
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Seapy

• NG Member
Re: Notifications of replies to threads by eMail malfunction
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 12:28:47 »
That's amazing!  I post this then a few minutes later having posted in the 'Scotland' thread myself, I then got a notification of a reply to my post.  Perhaps it needed me to make a post in the thread to initiate the notification process?
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 13:18:28 »
The notification system had a bug (or possibly a misconfiguration) under our previous Shared Hosting Plan. Apparently, the move over to a dedicated virtual server fixed those issues.

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 13:36:55 »
Thanks Bjørn, Probably my post has nudged it into life. :)  I expect it will be fully functional from now on.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK