Author Topic: Nikon NX studio  (Read 48563 times)

Carlos Perez

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon NX studio
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2022, 06:12:49 »
problem solved

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2022, 09:28:17 »
problem solved

Now that statement does not solve or clarify anything?

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2022, 11:55:43 »
The error message for map view in NX Studio 1.1 clearly shows why the feature has been removed from v.1.2. Nikon evidently uses the ActiveX technology of IE and this will no longer be supported by Google Map API from June, 2022.

As the problem is on the program side not with the Map API as such, it ought to be solvable in future versions of Studio.

However, true to the concept of declining backwards compatibility, NX Studio 1.1  now no longer is willing to read my Z9 NEFs after the Z9 has been updated to firmware v.2.0. Oh Brave New World. Indeed.

Carlos Perez

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2022, 02:06:27 »
Now that statement does not solve or clarify anything?

Sorry Birna, I had posted an issue I was having in NX Studio not being able to ready my latest files from the Z9 after I had updated the firmware to 2.0 on the camera. I downloaded what I thought was the latest version of NX Studio 1.1.2 and it was not working for me. To my surprised I check the Nikon download site again and noticed the NX Studio version 1.2, and after downloading that version, I was able to work with the Z9 raw files again.  I attempted to erase my previous post without success so I simply updated it as "problem solved". My bad. The problem solved statement is not related to the issue you mentioned with the map view.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2022, 08:53:16 »
OK, understand now.

Evidently I'm not the only one finding NX Studio not working with Z9 NEFs after the firmware upgrade to 2.0. The "solution" is updating (not upgrading) NX Studio so as to lose features there. A classic between rock and a hard place scenario.

vale

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2022, 11:45:31 »
quick bump: when rating pictures i use keyboard from 1 to 5 to set a star rating. for reject i am suppose to use - (minus) key. The thing is that when i press it, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2022, 05:17:18 »
quick bump: when rating pictures i use keyboard from 1 to 5 to set a star rating. for reject i am suppose to use - (minus) key. The thing is that when i press it, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
Thanks!
Pressing a number key has always set the color label, not the star rating (0 removes color label). Ctl+number sets star rating, (Ctrl+0 removes it). Minus does not appear to do anything.
However the strange thing is that when I first tested pressing a number key now, the very first times it set the star rating, but then after some fumbling it consistently behaves as my above comment as is also the case in ViewNX2 and Capture NX-D. Seems to have been a glitch, unless I hit a hidden switch by accident that I am not aware of. For the record this is running under Win 10.
Øivind Tøien

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2023, 20:56:29 »
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

chitragya

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear'23
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2024, 06:21:43 »
The software by default saves the setting in a sidecar file. You can turn it off by going into Edit > Options (Ctrl+K). Select "Save" from the Menu within Option box and select "Save adjustments, labels, ratings to the original image file".
This has improved my overall RAW editing process. Lightroom is faster but doesn't replicate the look I can see in the camera, hence I have been using the native software for my editing.