Author Topic: Photokina 2016  (Read 6717 times)

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
Photokina 2016
« on: December 04, 2015, 22:11:23 »
A bit ahead of time but here's a quick heads up that we will be heading to Cologne coming September to visit the Photokina 2016 imaging fair.

Of course the D5 is coming but I expect 2016 also to be the year of the full frame mirrorless cameras where Nikon and Canon will open fire at the Sony a7 series. Sony themselves are apparently working on an a9 pro model above the a7 series with matching tele lenses to challenge the Nikon and Canon dominance in the sports arena.

Next months CES might lift the curtain a little of whats to come but personally I think the big guns will be announced at Photokina so we intend to go there and give those whom can't attend in person our first hand impressions here on NG of all things new and epic.

If more are planning to go we can maybe meet up for a meet and greet as its always nice to meet other members of the NG community, especially with German beer and bratwurst at hand ;D
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Photokina 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 22:22:55 »
Perhaps we should plan this event as an official NG Gathering? Anyhow we do need to put up something for the autumn of next year.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 22:31:40 »
Well, this topic is posted in the Future NG Events forum :)

If there's any interest to turn this in a multiple day event we can of course facilitate.

Not sure if I can provide shelter for all potential participants in the NikonGear Event Centre we will be staying at but thats a minor detail.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 23:06:51 »
If we would be with many we could hire a castle, buy a wild boar and put it on a spit (like 2014).  ;D
Chris Dees

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 01:05:13 »
Chris Dees is as intelligent as Hans Cremers!
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 12:22:58 »
if Mike would organize a shuttle boat from Köln to Bonn, Frank might cook for us
the only missing then will be someone nearby with a liquor store, as we will need some stuff
for the time Bjørn will be temporaily kdinapped from Nikon managment and we wait in front
of the doors like dogs do at the butcher
Thomas Stellwag

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 14:32:18 »
I am always at Photokina, so if we call it a meetup, I could possibly help preparing such a thing....

Liquor store? I have a wine cellar...

accomodation might be a problem. The house I plan will not be ready by September...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Danulon

• NG Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 17:13:46 »
As Cologne is my home town, I might make it to Photokina, too.

As to your assessment of FX frame mirrorless offerings by Nikon: are Nikon's R&D budgets big enough to support development and catching up with competitors on so many disputed fields?

Cheers,
Günther
Guenther Something

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 11:59:19 »
Photokina 2014.
Three quarters of the Crew :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 15:19:58 »
I made a preliminary note in my calendar. Would be fun to look at the new camera and lens collection while eating boar and drinking liquor or wine on a boat ride in a castle, to be completed with taking creative photographs, like the one above. ;-)
Peter

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 22:30:38 »
I made a preliminary note in my calendar. Would be fun to look at the new camera and lens collection while eating boar and drinking liquor or wine on a boat ride in a castle, to be completed with taking creative photographs, like the one above. ;-)

Is it everyone wants boar and wine and a ride on a rhine boat?????
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 01:20:46 »
If we would be with many we could hire a castle, buy a wild boar and put it on a spit (like 2014).  ;D

I thought it was more common to do stuff like that in 1402. You sure you got the numbers right Chris?
Buddy

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 01:25:46 »
Sure he did. We were there. In 2014.