Author Topic: Playing with the 28mm f/2.8 AIs  (Read 9317 times)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
Re: Playing with the 28mm f/2.8 AIs
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2015, 10:09:47 »
Thank you... :-) I like also a lot the last one, as I didn't expect the 28mm to give me such details in a "people" scene from the other side of the table ! For the B&W conversion I use the OnOne software as a plug in Lightroom.
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2015, 10:23:01 »
The 28/2.8 AIS with its very near focusing limit of 0.2 m is a highly versatile tool. Very amply demonstrated in this thread.

I'm having an on/off affair with my own sample of this lens. It was among the first lenses that I CPU-modified, many years ago, and I used it extensively for a time. Currently its status is "off", must see what I can do to change that !

A point of warning to owners or prospective buyers of the 28/2.8: being a CRC (close-focusing correction) design in which the CRC action takes place in the front of the optical assembly, it is vulnerable to knocks and bumps to the front or side. I have encountered more than one sample out of alignment over the years and in fact, my own sample kept initally because its serial number was the same as my banking account (!), had to be realigned at the national Nikon repair facility.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 14:59:23 »
Thanks for the warning Bjørn, I'll make sure this neat little lens don't get banged around in my satchel !!!
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 15:08:42 »
Of course, B&W isn't the only way to play with such a lens (though I usually prefer that mode), Paris can also be perceived in colors... :-)

Classique... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 AIs and Df

And to end this peculiar series on the 28mm/2.8 a picture shot in Istanbul, the city of cats and fishermen that could be named "Tentation"... :-)

La tentation... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr - 28mm f/2.8 Ais and Df.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 15:17:59 »
Jacques, this is a really nice series of BW photos. I enjoyed it a lot.
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2015, 15:23:33 »
Thank you Jakov for your kind comment ! I had troubles with Paypal and didn't dare post till those weren't resolved. Now I'm a happy NG supporter with even a picture of myself in a train in Mongolia... :-)

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2015, 15:43:44 »
welcome, thanks, and show us some images from Mongolia :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 19:57:33 »
welcome, thanks, and show us some images from Mongolia :)

Good idea :-)