Author Topic: A couple of days in Hong Kong  (Read 4337 times)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
A couple of days in Hong Kong
« on: October 04, 2015, 23:14:42 »
As the title says. Somethings that caught my eye. I´m specially interested in what you think about the 5th image(#7331) of the little woman situation on the subway.

C&C always welcome

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: A couple of days in Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 23:20:27 »
Shortly after that I added an original grip to the d750 and it is a completely -and improved- shooting experience. Hand grip improves, the weight is better balanced with the big zooms I used more often, it is more stable and the extra portrait-oriented button makes my life easier. It sounds obvious but I tried the clone one and...no. I agree it is overpriced but It was "only" 240 in Singapore.

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 13:59:40 »
The first image completely messes with my mind, well done!

Good to hear the original grip is good.
Jørgen Ramskov

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 16:05:08 »
Thanks Jørgen.

I keep on going. I love directions :)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 16:10:16 »
I am a big fan of Kung Fu movies. Had to go through Hong Kong´s walk of fame. Bruce Lee´s statue is a must for us. I found many people around his name -one even kissing the floor- and many attention to Jackie Chan spot as well.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 16:14:55 »
I indulge myself with the boat-must-image. Some asian tourist in Asia. Hong Kong makes me think of an Chinese New York. And an image that, I´m afraid, is becoming more a more common all through the developed countries. Such contrast everywhere...

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 17:11:04 »
Paco, you're killing me! I'm in HK right now (as I write this) and many of these images speak volumes to me.

When were you here (in HK that is)? We must have almost bumped into each other at the Bruce Lee statue. Nice one. I'll post mine when I get back home.
Hans Cremers

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 18:26:15 »
I was there 2 weeks ago, 19th to 21st of september. I just have time now to post them. I love Hong Kong!

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 22:01:13 »
oh how I would love to go back to Hong Kong - was there before my start in photography - only had a Sony Mavica with 1.2 mp and stiffies!
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 22:23:57 »
Beautiful, alive, with personality.

stiffies?  ???

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 22:27:36 »
   stiffies?  ???

you remember those things you had before we got CD/DVD drives in PC's.....  I seem to recall I got something like 8  photos on 1 stiffie - but I might be smoking my socks
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 22:40:48 »
Superb series !

Particularly the night images and B. Lee statue.

Well done, Francis.

Francis Devrainne

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 14:55:17 »
Great series!

Regarding your question on the 5th photo. Impressive that you could focus on the woman's eye, which makes it a very interesting photo. Having said that, attention is not immediately drawn to the woman but to man's face (upper right) because that's reasonably sharp and visible. Perhaps you could crop his eyes, nose, mouth out while ensuring that it is a person with a face. ;-) Just a monir remark.

I love the series!!
Peter

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 23:02:51 »
Thank you Rosko and PeterN,

about the 5th image: I tried what you talk about with no real success. The best I could manage was a 8:10 ratio crop very close in intentio to what you explain. I still liked the one posted here better but that may change with time. I also tried with some vingeting, selective masking the top left corner, etc... Thanks a lot for your sugestions. Please, feel free to post a variation if you feel so inclined.

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 11:41:50 »
Thank you Rosko and PeterN,

about the 5th image: I tried what you talk about with no real success. The best I could manage was a 8:10 ratio crop very close in intentio to what you explain. I still liked the one posted here better but that may change with time. I also tried with some vingeting, selective masking the top left corner, etc... Thanks a lot for your sugestions. Please, feel free to post a variation if you feel so inclined.

What do you think about square? Just did a quick crop, so I haven't paid much attention to how to make it look best in square format. Just wanted to check how you like it.

Peter