Author Topic: [Theme] Do you have a stitched photo?  (Read 139647 times)

Peter Forsell

• NG Member
  • A Cunning Linguist
Re: DO you have a stitched photo?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 21:44:20 »
BTW, how about an 'unstitched' image, is this in a wrong thread?

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 21:52:36 »
Not at all. You just lead on me ....

Chip Chipowski

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 22:06:18 »
I have a phobia of stitching.  Also, I very much like Reply #4 from Bjørn

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 22:20:01 »
Stuck in a hospital bed, hooked up to an IV, not much to do than document the dreary surroundings. A scene I'm unfortunately all too familiar with.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 23:28:44 »
Here are some panos I did using the latest Photomerge in Adobe CC2015.  11-stitch, 9-stitch and 5-stitch respectively.  The original frames were shot handheld.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 06:54:45 »
Akira - I understand the new photomerge really has been improved a lot - do you find that to be true?
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Eb

• NG Member
    • pbase.com/emueller
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 07:47:57 »
This is my modest and also most ambitious attempt, 3 rows x 3 and then x 5 for the HDR.  Problem is that there are small glitches which are not apparent in this size.  I should redo this, if photomerge has improved.

Eb Mueller
British Columbia, Canada
http://www.pbase.com/emueller

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 08:30:10 »
Akira - I understand the new photomerge really has been improved a lot - do you find that to be true?

Elsa, the photomerge I used for the first time was that in Photoshop Element 11 which I felt pretty handy.  Then the one in CC2014 turned out to be a vast improvement over the PSE11 version in terms of the accuracy.  I was also very impressed how Photomerge can stitch random patterns like the surface of the running rever and the clouds smoothly.  The on in CC2015 is the further refinement albeit not dramatically improved.  It stitches handheld images really well.  I cannot find any glitch in the first and the third iamges.

That said, it is NOT totally glitch-free.  Sometimes it fails to stitch the power lines commonly seen in my images smoothly.  Nothing is perfect.  In the second image, there ARE only very minor glitces shown below (100% crops).

Needless to say, the proper alignment of the leveling and the entrance pupil on a pano head helps.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 08:31:37 »
I started Panography in 2005. Hundreds of huge panos. Most of them interiors but also nature.

The biggest file size is 11.4 Gigabyte for one 800 Megapixel stitch of a cloisters crypta. The

as soon as I am back to my big machine I will dig out some and show
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 08:37:20 »
Akira. I love the street bridge in the inner city industrial setting.

This is the kind of work I appreciate very much because the frame is worked through thoughtfully.

Sky panos often leave me unsatisfied. I see a technical deed but no picture.

I'd love to see more of these industrial biom insights ...  :)
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 08:54:07 »
Frank, glad that some of my panos appealed to you.  The street brige was shot from one of my favorite viewpoint in Akihabara, Tokyo.  I stitched the cloud simply because I liked its shape and spreaded for about 90 degrees horizontally.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 09:57:27 »
Peter Forsell: The dam is another wonderful example for a panorama telling us more about a scene than a single (wide angle) frame could. It is not always easy to decide whether a pano is a good solution. My idea is about immersion. If you feel it makes sense to suck the recipient into the scene and if the scene features structure through all of its depth to keep tension on a sustainable level, pano might be the solution

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 10:00:03 »
So here is my first in this thread. Created in October 2006 it received 98 of 100 points in the 100 points group:

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 10:07:17 »
Bjørn Rørslett:

1) Wonderful stitch and rewarding scene the "Olympic Ski Jump Hill of Holmenkollen". Also the topic of documenting buildings before they are torn down is something I consider a very important contribution of photopgraphy to our cultural fabric.  Thank you!

2) "Reine in the Lofoten Archipelago" -- such a calm scene and the vantage point is just perfect to get a feel for the scene and immerse into the impressive landscape. Thank you.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 10:10:30 »
Thanks Akira!

I love the images you guys are posting - and it inspires me to do more (and bigger) panoramas myself.

So much to do - so little time
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za