Images > Themes, Portfolio Series, PaW, or PaM

[Theme] Df (D750)+ Rodenstock Heligon 100mm f/1.6

(1/89) > >>

Jakov Minić:
Thanks to the 'unsharp' thread I started looking at some last year's photos that I took and that are anything but sharp :)
I've stumbled upon a folder containing photos from Keukenhof, a place with many flowers.
Anyway I wanted to show off this photo.

Once again I would like to thank Erik Lund for introducing me to the Heligon, and for being kind enough to let go of his copy. Not that there we much negotiations over it. I came to CPH, I tried the lens, and it simply had to be mine! Veni, vidi, vici!
It's a tricky lens to use since there is no aperture ring (you shoot constantly at f/1.6), and there is no focusing ring (you are always stuck at the same distance from your subject). Considering these facts it's very challenging, fun, and rewarding whenever you get a shot right. There is practically no depth of field...

Thomas Stellwag:
soft and agressive looking, quite challenging to look at, or should i say into?

John Geerts:
Great photo.

Completely agree with Jakov. ;)  Was lucky to find on Ebay a for Nikon adapted version of the Rodenstock Heligon 100mm   f/1.6  and adore the lens.

It makes some difference if you use it with extension-tubes or not.

Two shots with the D200  The KalanchoĆ«-Calandiva and some leaves of a Rose...

Jakov Minić:
Creamy images, John :)
Here is another one, hopefully not too challenging to look at, Thomas :)

Frank Fremerey:
@Jakov: The color looks so friendly the teeth render a monster from the 2015 incarnation of DOOM

@John: Absolutely adorable. Makes me want to get out ASAP and take photos. YES. I quit my work now and go out!

i GRAB MY sINAR AND GO TO THE BOTANICAL GARDENS NOW (reversed, sorry.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version