Author Topic: [Portfolio] Impromptus - H  (Read 16140 times)

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
Re: impromptus
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 16:00:07 »
Another one from L.

7. Grand sourire angélique!

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
Re: improptus
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2015, 21:40:11 »
Beautiful portrait
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 21:42:00 »
Sweet portraits

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2015, 18:19:58 »
Laura turned 20 today. I don't even want to think about it...

8. Joyeux anniversaire ma Grande

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 18:23:11 »
... and her youngest brother cooked a great lunch for her.

9. Petit chef

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 18:26:54 »
both of them photogenic subjects

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 21:28:59 »
Thank you Fons, I am quite partial when it comes to them!

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2015, 17:20:25 »
We went out today to enjoy the autumn colors which are nearing their maximum here, according to the people around who actually can see colors (not me!).
We met Thierry, a local policeman and park guard who was obviously looking for some positive interaction. We spoke for a while about how nice the parc was in this season (Chateau de Méry sur Oise, almost my garden!).
We also found out he is passionate about mushroom hunting in the nearby forests. It was quite disappointing to find out that the hundreds of unknown to me white mushrooms that we had left in the forest two days ago were actually delicious according to him. Well, mushrooms are too dangerous to play with when you are uncertain. Sometimes there is no second chance...
We also spoke about the castle's park, how much it had favorably changed in the recent years. It was quite obvious that Thierry is somewhat bored by his long days at work, where nothing happens (fortunately!).
He agreed to pose for one picture with the castle in the far background, not really recognizable givent the shallow DOF.
This was shot with my X-T1, Lens Turbo 2 and Nikkor 105mm f/2.5.

10. une minute de pose dans une journée d'ennui

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2015, 20:18:21 »
The petit chef resmples you very much, Olivier!

The mushrooms are indeed very dangerous.  My impression is that there are so many poisonous ones that look very similar to edible ones.

I've always enjoy your portrait works.  Thanks for sharing!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 11:48:39 »
Hi Akira

Thank you. Yes, It is sad to see how much Robin looks like me!

Mushrooms are a dangerous game to play, but they can be delicious...
I know of entire family who was poisoned to death near my village, not so long ago.
There is also the great movie "le roman d'un tricheur" (The novel of a cheater) by Sacha Guitry, in which the starting point is that the hero, as a kid, was misbehaving and got punished by not beeing allowed to eat mushrooms with the rest of the family. Of course he was the only survivor. He then built his entire philisophy on the idea that being honnest is not the best option in life...

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2015, 19:53:00 »
There is a close relationship with your subjects -not only family- you let everyone step into a private place through your images. Thanks for all that generosity

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 01:05:55 »
Olivier, all your portraits have a special warmth that you bring out :)
Your son is a full copy of you :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 04:13:33 »
Hi Akira

Thank you. Yes, It is sad to see how much Robin looks like me!

Mushrooms are a dangerous game to play, but they can be delicious...
I know of entire family who was poisoned to death near my village, not so long ago.
There is also the great movie "le roman d'un tricheur" (The novel of a cheater) by Sacha Guitry, in which the starting point is that the hero, as a kid, was misbehaving and got punished by not beeing allowed to eat mushrooms with the rest of the family. Of course he was the only survivor. He then built his entire philisophy on the idea that being honnest is not the best option in life...

Here in Japan, we also hear some news of the victims of poisnous mushrooms every year.  The philosophy established by the punished boy seems to have some truth in human life...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 17:57:11 »
The 11th of November (celebration of the end of WW1) has progressively transformed in France from the celebration of what we thought was a victory, to a more soft commemoration of all the casualties due to too many wars. It is now a way to remember that peace has a price and that we have to build on the past to prevent war in the future.
Michel, as an ex military who fought in Algeria more than 50 years ago is very sensitive to this message and is now a self-appointed memory carrier for all the veterans in the area.
A well respected man who expresses his patriotism in a rather positive way, with principles and a strong will to prevent everyone, especially the young people, to forget what war really means.
This year again he hired my 10 years old daughter to collect money for the veterans: she is absolutely not shy and very efficient at convincing people that they should contribute...

11. Un homme en mission

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2015, 21:21:18 »
Masato (I believe it means something related to the lion, but Akira may explain much better than I could) is half French and half Japanese, and he could even be described as more multicultural still. So to make it simple, he says he is French. He is now three years old and started school in September.
He is in love with my wife because she makes the best cookies in the world, according to him (of course I agree). It is amazing to see how this little man already understand what really matters in life!
He actually asked for pictures, and then more, and even more. I had to say enough at some point as it was time for dessert.
Shot with my X-T1, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AF-D (not ideal for manual focusing!), Lens Turbo 2.

12. The little cookies lover